Ikon Handle Edwin Jagger head

Having been unlucky in several bay auctions for Ikons, and getting fed up with all the smug posts here about them :lol: and also impatient for the new model, I purchased a handle from Ikon. It was reduced due to slight manufacturing defect. I received it from them in under a week, which is fast!

I put the head from the EJ89 on it, it being either that or a tech head.

Stunning shave this morning. Best ever. I like the way the EJ shaves but the extra weight from the short Bulldog handle is significant and makes a real difference.

And the EJ smooth handle now sports a tech head!

Its good. But why have satin when you could have silk? ;)

I do know where you are coming from though, when I first started out with the iKon I didnt get on with the OC head and put a 1946 Gillette Tech head on the handle - that worked brilliantly for me. I dont get on with the EJ head though sadly, I find it a bit harsh for my baby soft skin :oops:

Father Ted said:
Its good. But why have satin when you could have silk? ;)

I do know where you are coming from though, when I first started out with the iKon I didnt get on with the OC head and put a 1946 Gillette Tech head on the handle - that worked brilliantly for me. I dont get on with the EJ head though sadly, I find it a bit harsh for my baby soft skin :oops:

Cos people keep overbidding me for Ikons and Greg hasnt got any left at the moment! This is as near as I could get. :(

The other thing you might like to try is to pick up an old Gillette New off ebay - not expensive if the handle is cracked (and they often are) and use the head on your iKon handle. Given that the OC iKon head is closely based on the New, it should give you a pretty similar experience. If you enjoy the shaving experience, you could always get Dave at safetyrazors.co.uk to electro-plate the head with nickel for you to make it a better match with the handle.

Back
Top Bottom