If you are a fan of Pink Floyd...

He was a troubled man , tallented but troubled.
He arranged and wrote some awsome tracks greatly missed.
Someone once asked him "wasnt you once Syd Barrett" his rrply was "never heard of him" he died a year later was it a bad trip or bipolar?
I've read quite a few books and heard a few interviews with people who were close to him at the time, and I got the impression the crazy stories were a bit exaggerated. I reckon he just couldn't be arsed with the celebrity and the music machine and distanced himself from it.
Rock mythology sometimes paints a distorted picture.

He was a troubled man , tallented but troubled.
He arranged and wrote some awsome tracks greatly missed.
Someone once asked him "wasnt you once Syd Barrett" his rrply was "never heard of him" he died a year later was it a bad trip or bipolar?
He could have had Bipolar Disorder but he did indulge in huge amounts of drugs as did they all but he pushed the envelope as far as the drug taking was concerned by all accounts.
He was a troubled man, very sad indeed.

Paul.

He had a drugs / alcohol problem. Later he got diabetes.
Don't know if it's true, but the story goes he visited the studio while Pink Floyd was recording the Wish You Were Here album but no one recognized him.
Shine on You crazy Diamond is about him, ShineYouDiamond -> Syd
He died in 2006, Richard Wright died in 2008

He had a drugs / alcohol problem. Later he got diabetes.
Don't know if it's true, but the story goes he visited the studio while Pink Floyd was recording the Wish You Were Here album but no one recognized him.
Shine on You crazy Diamond is about him, ShineYouDiamond -> Syd
He died in 2006, Richard Wright died in 2008
The band themselves confirmed that this was the case.

Back
Top Bottom