If I was in the market for a stainless razor ...

Karve Stainless

Brass, too ...

I take it the blade tabs stick out of the sides? That's a plus in my book - no need to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

On that, what's with the recess in the baseplate? It would appear to fit the top cap on the underside of the baseplate. What's going on there?

... and open comb.

Last edited:
MÜHLE Rocca V4 is an often overlooked but excellent razor. Smooth and efficient. Wide handle but nicely weighted. Unique looks I'm the realm of stainless steel.

Game Changer will give you a choice of plates and punches way above its price. Cost and performance are its key characteristics. It's a bit bland in the looks department.

I'm yet to shave with it but the Tatara Masamune is a beautiful looking razor. I'll let you know in due course how it shaves.

Tomorrow's shave will be with my desert island razor - the ATT S1. For me it's the perfect blend of smooth and efficient. The Kronos handle is perfect for my hand and the whole package feels like it could survive a nuclear blast.

I appreciate none of the above remotely helps with your query.

Brass, too ...

I take it the blade tabs stick out of the sides? That's a plus in my book - no need to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

On that, what's with the recess in the baseplate? It would appear to fit the top cap on the underside of the baseplate. What's going on there?

... and open comb.
Yes Comes in Brass as well , the recess matches the line of the top cap , just aesthetics i think. There is a version of the top cap that is wider and covers the end tabs. Personally i don't find them being exposed an issue.

MÜHLE Rocca V4 is an often overlooked but excellent razor. Smooth and efficient. Wide handle but nicely weighted. Unique looks I'm the realm of stainless steel.

Game Changer will give you a choice of plates and punches way above its price. Cost and performance are its key characteristics. It's a bit bland in the looks department.

I'm yet to shave with it but the Tatara Masamune is a beautiful looking razor. I'll let you know in due course how it shaves.

Tomorrow's shave will be with my desert island razor - the ATT S1. For me it's the perfect blend of smooth and efficient. The Kronos handle is perfect for my hand and the whole package feels like it could survive a nuclear blast.

I appreciate none of the above remotely helps with your query.
Yes Rocca is a good shout too , a very nice razor. personally i found the Game Changer ok but not in the same class.

I have my eye on the Rocca as a first choice from a cursory look around ...

My worry is it's just an expensive R89 when all said and done, but nobody refers to it like that. I like the birch handle as well. Smooth and efficient is what I'm after. Multiple plates kinda turn me off as I don't subscribe to blade gap equalling aggression and don't have much interest in faffing about - the razor works or it doesn't. I shave between 1 and 3 days, which any razor will deal with. If it's a week or more, I'd just pick another razor. It's to be a regular shaver.

On that, let's cut to the chase a little ...

I'm not interested in the Rockwell 6S as it's a handful of plates and the sequence would really piss me off! 1-3 2-4 5-6. What's with that?

I'm not interested in the Rex either model. I love the concept, copying the Gibbs ... but that logo. No thanks. Shallow, I know, but it would annoy me every time I used it.

I'm not interested in Blackland.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom