Identification help on Bi_Bo Travel Razor ?

Dave in KY

Monkeying Around
Thursday OCtober 7, 2021
Razor: Bi_Bo Travel Razor
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Graydog Cocobolo/Synbad
Soap: Ethos Vanilla Safi
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Ethos Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,065

So here is a razor not in Waits Compendium or anywhere else I can find on the internet but it's an Open Comb for OCtober. If anyone knows anything about this silver plated vintage travel razor, please fill me in. It was a smooth but very efficient shaver. Just a joy to use and have. The Vanilla Safi fit right in and is a generous sample from Pete who I hope is well. Take care everyone !
IMG_20211007_051527366_HDR.jpgIMG_20211004_203548383_HDR.jpg

Thanks, I found a completed listing of one sold on ebay and it had identical except for a different case. The seller said he was glad I reached out to him and that there were at least 2 in existence. This was what it said.
THIS IS A VERY RARE BI-BO 4-PIECE SAFETY RAZOR IN ITS ORIGINAL METAL CASE. ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING SHAVING AND BARBER SHOP MEMORABILIA FOR MANY YEARS, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER AND I HAVE ALSO BEEN SEARCHING ON EBAY AND OTHER AUCTION SITES FOR WELL OVER A YEAR WITHOUT SUCCESS - SO MY CONCLUSION IS THAT IT IS EXTREMELY RARE. THERE IS NO INDICATION OF THE MANUFACTURER APART FROM THE BI-BO TRADEMARK AND A STYLISED LETTER 'H' OR BUTTERFLY ON THE BOTTOM OF THE METAL CASE WHICH HAS BEEN DIFFICULT TO PHOTOGRAPH AS IT IS NOT CLEAR.
s-l1600 - 2021-10-07T065107.325.jpg

Flat blade!!! At first mine felt like it wasn't doing anything, but it was giving me a velvety smooth efficient shave. Definitely German made, I haven't seen flat ones from anywhere else, they come with different names on them.

Mine.

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

With blade.

100_3150-jpg.100783

Back
Top Bottom