I thought I had one somewhere - Personna “BBS0”

After reading this thread I went for a rummage, I was sure I had one somewhere, and I managed to find it.

Personna UK made flat base plate razor. I have no recollection of how this shaves so I'll give it a go. The original handle is a very light weight alloy one so I'll stick it on a home made, heavy weight, brass one and see how it goes. I'll report back.

9F086207-858D-4F5F-9F59-4A077E66D106.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember when these weren't all that rare on Ebay in the past. Those days are gone. I've always wanted to try one. Opinions vary as to shave quality. :unsure:

Righty, reporting back, I took a used Yellow out of my daily driver and put it int he Personna. First signs were good, it passed the fingernail test. I've found that razors I get on with best hold the blade so that it is very rigid, if I press down on the cutting edge with a fingernail and the blade doesn't push down then it'll probably work well for me, if the blade has some flex in it then I find it just leaves my face feeling raw no matter how well it scrapes the fuzz of my face.

Apparently these were a give away to first class passengers on some airline. I can believe that as it does feel like a cheaper razor, the alloy handle is very light weight, the base plate and head don't seem to be punched out of the thickest metal (brass?) I've ever come across, certainly thinner than a flat base plate Tech.

Usual prep then time to give it a go! Finding the angle was delightfully easy thanks to the chamfer on the top cap. It certainly scraped the lather off and wow what a shave. I can genuinely say that it was as good a shave as the best I've ever had. Very smooth, incredibly efficient, no irritation at all, my skin felt great afterwards. It is an incredibly efficient razor. The issue I now have is that I have reduced the stash to one type of blade and one razor but this is too good to move on. I might just have to keep this in my travel bag as my away from home razor. Travel, remember that?

50E2A76A-83E5-4F25-83CF-87E783D6B246.jpeg

Last edited:
Isn't this the razor that inspired the Wolfman head?

I’ve read the same on teh internets no idea if it’s true or not. Given the design of a de blade it could be coincidental as it does steer the design of the head to a certain extent. Someone knows the answer, not me though.

Last edited:
I have one of these ...

Fun to use! Yes, the angle is ... well, kinda obvious. I also found the razor felt like it sucked to my face, but not in dragging or sticking way. Did you feel that sensation @tadpole? There must be a better way to describe it and I know others have.

I have one of these ...

Fun to use! Yes, the angle is ... well, kinda obvious. I also found the razor felt like it sucked to my face, but not in dragging or sticking way. Did you feel that sensation @tadpole? There must be a better way to describe it and I know others have.

I know what you mean @pjgh, it did seem to adhere to my face. I think it’s due to the flats on the head. Like two pieces of glass or metal with a liquid between the plates hold together if you see what I mean.

Last edited:
My SWAG is that it's merely because of the chamfered edge. The legendary Schick Krona has this as well (albeit in a TTO) and it serves as a guide to aid in the perfect angle. Because there is more surface in contact with the skin, and that it is flat, you get that "suction" feeling with the lather.

"Suction is the force that a partial vacuum exerts upon a solid, liquid, or a gas. ... Pressure reduction may be static, as in a piston and cylinder arrangement, or dynamic, as in the case of a vacuum cleaner when air flow results in a reduced pressure region."

Looks like they were also freebies with a packet of blades

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom