I never said ugly about any razor..until now

Really? I find it quite interesting and love the industrial/steam punk look.
Also, if memory serves me right this was one of the very, very earliest razor that had a way to adjust the blade to your personal liking so there's also a historical value here.

To me, an 'ugly' razor is more something very boring in appearance like the Standard razor for instance.

Luckily this is all completely YMMV

Very nice looking razor. From an engineering-perspective it's quite perfect: everything non-functional is stripped away and you're left with something more functional than was available before.
Pity it no longer has the blades.

i like the look of those SE razors before it all became standardised and streamlined. Some of the razors owned by the SE enthusiasts here are amazing - would make a good picture thread!

I'm assuming that the two screws at the top enable you to adjust the blade position, including using the razor like a slant by tightening 1 screw slightly more than the other. The spring may enable the head to adjust to facial contours.

VERY fly! VERY fly, indeed!

I've passed over a number of these as I just can't see how to get a modern blade to work in them. If I could, I'd have one in.

The back clip holds a wedge shaped hollow ground blade, and it's the shape of the wedge that retains it; the screws move it laterally for more or less blade presentation. It's the shape that makes it work so a flat blade just wouldn't (I think think ...) without a jig to sit on.

This, L'Essor, Le Grelot, Le Touriste, all lovely looking razors.

I have, however said "ugly" about a razor ... and it's a modern one.