I need help...

Hi all,

Over the past couple of months I have been on a bit of a spree and have been trying a variety of brushes.

Here is my current collection (excluding my boars).

Left to right: Rooney 1/1 Super, Simpsons Duke 3 Best, Rooney Stubby 2, Simpsons Chubby 2 Super, Rooney Alibaba 2, Rooney 3/1 (with a much higher loft than is normal...), Savile Row 3122 Silvertip, Somerset Simpsons Polo 8 in Best.

Now, due to financial requirements, I want to sell off most of these. The Chubby 2 is the most expensive, and if I decide to keep that I will sell all the others. If I decide to keep more than one, I will sell the Chubby.

So.... your combined wisdom and expertise would be very welcomed in helping me decide. I love them all, and really could be happy with any one of them, to be honest.

I may even list them all on the BST and keep the last one to sell!

I face lather pretty much exclusively with soaps, but I do use creams occasionally (also face lathered).

Regards,

John

Attachments

• JHC_8317.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 200
You are going to struggle to find anyone here who has used all of those brushes.

But, if you were to offer that selection to me - I'm almost exclusively a MWF face-latherer - I would take the Chubby - and that is based purely on reviews and opinions voiced on the various forums.

Not that I could afford one - even second hand.

John

You are a treasure! I for one have followed your journey with great interest. You really must have learnt a great deal about the different makes of brushes that will be of benefit to anyone seeking advice about that special brush they seek.

Are you really asking us to help you to decide which one to keep? How on earth do you think we can do that? Only you know how each one suits your unique preferences.
I would simply sit down and ask my self which one is going to be the last I want to hang on to. I wouldn't leave it to the random sale. Your favourite might sell first.

Based on what YOU have written, the one you would keep is the Rooney Stubby 2. If it is an all round improvement on the Duke 3 you have a very fine brush (regardless of where it was made) All the others would be overkill in meeting your needs.

Thanks guys.

I decided to sell the lot:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1720</a><!-- l -->

:mrgreen:

I have officially become a boar fan!

John

Back
Top Bottom