I made an R41 first shave video...

Thought i was going to get to see a new R41 video. Fired up youtube only to be greeted by your mug Mr tight buns. Oh well nevermind

Well done...Good on you to make the effort, the background noise adds a bit of human interest..I'd forgotten what its like to have the kids squalling on a morning.....My R41 is sitting in a box, along with several of its brothers, I think you've inspired me to fish it out again and put it back in the rotation.....

Good video, thanks for sharing that with us. I surprised you managed to get anything shaved with all the distractions going on around you! I require peace and privacy for my shaves, as I hate the feeling of someone wanting me to get a move on!

Well done, sir. Talk about stress - first time with an open comb, first shaving video, and a moderately displeased toddler in the background demanding attention. Honest & informative; all my razors are closed comb, so your reluctance to shave your upper lip with the Muhle R41 is very understandable (to me).

i was tickled by the respect you gave the r41 & the need to build up a relationship before letting it do your full shave, particularly the moustache area

i have 3 open comb vintage gillettes - an old, a new improved, and a bar-handled new. they look lovely but are probably the most violent razors i own, whatever technique i use. but i insist on using them - i can almost justify buying them to swmbo then, if ya see what i mean!

i am brave enough to go against the grain on the tash area, but unlike you, i am not brave enough to post a video on 'you tube' of me shaving, so well done mate

rick.

I used the pass around R41 for the first time this morning. I was quite surprised at how aggressive it was. It did a very good job though. I only managed a 2 pass shave, I chickened out of the ATG pass, but still got a remarkably close shave, and escaped cutting myself badly as well.
This razor certainly deserves some respect.

Thanks to you I took my R41 from the storage and used it yesterday with a Lord Racer. Nice shave. I use it with the handle straight up, like GeoFatBoy.