I found something interesting

Well in a box of military stuff I got at auction It also contained, one Rolls Razr en-route to a TSR member now, a gillette blade box - in my pocket.. and....

A brand new shave stick in Bakelite holder.

First of when i opened the holder for the first time i nearly vomitted the smell had really gone concerntrated over 50 odd years in a holder but it has calmed down some what as its been open a bit more. The smell itself reminds me of my very young childhood in the school toilets. I think it must be very similar to the horrible bars of soap they had in there, the smell is very antiseptic smelling but old antiseptic not the modern smells and you can also tell it contains animal fats.

The soap itself is in good nick it hasnt dryed out crumbled or snapped and actuallly feels quite soft/fatty.

The soap itself is called lever's (as in brothers) Easy. The inly information i know about this soap is that along with Erasmic it was not on ration during the second world war. if anyone else knows anything i would love to know.

I plan to give it a try and then maybe sell it, although i like the container, but i do try and promise i wont keep anything from auctions that i buy to re-sell. But i also tell myself that when i broguht the lot i did not realise it had any shaving related items in it.

Well on to the photos:

Attachments

• lever 1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 132
  • lever 2.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 131
  • lever 3.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 131
Back
Top Bottom