I finally got a slim adjustable :-)

Finally....after putting up with bid happy lunatics and bloodthirsty snipers for two weeks on eBay, I am now a proud owner of a 1966 third-quarter Gillette slim adjustable that is in excellent working condition she just needs a bit of a scrub and she will be ship-shape and Bristol fashion.
I haven't been this happy since I signed my last divorce papers :D

Attachments

• !CDSS0BgBWk~$(KGrHqMOKowE0fm6Y-ZGBNOEEJid6!~~_3.jpg
    361 bytes · Views: 203
trainman said:
Nice razor,you wont be dissapointed.
If,after you have cleaned it up, your still not happy with how it looks, then Dave at Safety razors does re-plating,and he does a fine job i might add.

Dave.

That is good because I have just sent my Aristocrat Junior to him, for a re-plate.

I used mine for the first time in anger this morning :shave
It was unbelievably smooth and comfortable :D
So much so that with it set on 4 I must have had six passes or so :twisted:
My face is unbelievably smooth but it looks like it has been on fire and put out with a mallet :shock:
I guess I ought to reduce the number of passes :lol:

tubby_shaw said:
I used mine for the first time in anger this morning :shave
It was unbelievably smooth and comfortable :D
So much so that with it set on 4 I must have had six passes or so :twisted:
My face is unbelievably smooth but it looks like it has been on fire and put out with a mallet :shock:
I guess I ought to reduce the number of passes :lol:

With ought a doubt 5 or 6 on the height perhaps 3 passe max would say. A lovely razor though one of my 2 go to that and an Aristocrat Junior.

Disclaimer: YMMV

I start out WTG #7
CrossTG #5
ATG #3
Most used setting is #5. Hey, that's why they are called adjustables.

This works for me with both Fatboy, Slim Adj. and Adj. Aristocrat. Mixed feelings with both long or short black handle adjustables. I like the feel and balance of the slims and if I were asked my "go to" razor would be a slim adjustable not a Fatboy. I believe you really will get along with this razor and as Trainman has recommended, you may want to make your razor special and have it replated. I mean to do this with a few of mine near future. Some one told me it was $65 for Rhodium at Razor Emporiam. But that's a differant topic. Regards, Robert

Back
Top Bottom