I don't NEED anything...

I've enough blades to last 'til next summer. Enough soap and cream to last just as long. My newly acquired bottle of Nivea ASB looks like it's good for quite a while. I have a choice of 4 different razors to use, 8 types of blade. 8 types of soap. I don't NEED anything. So why am I constantly looking for the next bit of kit? Every time I'm out shopping, I have to check out the shaving section in every shop that might have one. I've even started browsing charity shops just in case. 6 months ago when I was using disposables, I'd only buy a new pack once the last one was blunt and the beard was looking tatty. But y'know, I still haven't tried Maca Root, or MWF, or Super Thins or even a decent badger brush and... and... What the h*ck has happened to me...?

You are not alone. I have been totally taken over by this shaving game. I use to detest shaving, now I too look forward to every 36-48 hours shave time. I have become obsessed with buying shiny things,I think in part to being worried about missing out on an old piece that i may never see again. :lol:
I have also found that a lot of my conversations have become shave related. I think people are starting to worry. I just think that these people are missing out on something. :lol:
At least its keeping me out of trouble. :lol:

slowblade said:
I've enough blades to last 'til next summer. Enough soap and cream to last just as long. My newly acquired bottle of Nivea ASB looks like it's good for quite a while. I have a choice of 4 different razors to use, 8 types of blade. 8 types of soap. I don't NEED anything. So why am I constantly looking for the next bit of kit? Every time I'm out shopping, I have to check out the shaving section in every shop that might have one. I've even started browsing charity shops just in case. 6 months ago when I was using disposables, I'd only buy a new pack once the last one was blunt and the beard was looking tatty. But y'know, I still haven't tried Maca Root, or MWF, or Super Thins or even a decent badger brush and... and... What the h*ck has happened to me...?

This post sent a shiver down my spine as though some one had been watching me for the las 6 months and put what the saw on the internet Spooky. I bet theres a load of razors on you ebay watch list as well.

MWF and Super thins are on my yet to try list too.

Big.Dave said:
I bet theres a load of razors on you ebay watch list as well.

Have you been looking at my ebay watch list as well!

I watch them for research purposes, so that I work out what an average price is and see if ones that come up end up being over-priced or under-priced (and then pounce!)

Ah SlowBlade, our brother; You have now finally realised the unspoken truth of TSR ...................."The Journey IS the Destination".

And now you know the sound of one hand clapping.

JohnnyO. ;)

slowblade said:
I've enough blades to last 'til next summer. Enough soap and cream to last just as long. My newly acquired bottle of Nivea ASB looks like it's good for quite a while. I have a choice of 4 different razors to use, 8 types of blade. 8 types of soap. I don't NEED anything.

May I introduce you to the true purpose of "The PIF." It has barely anything to do with generously helping out new members, its primary usage is to create a gap in ones supplies in order to justify and accommodate new acquisitions :mrgreen: :lol:

slowblade said:

You Sir have just been hooked!welcome to the club :twisted:

It's not the NEED that keeps us going.....it's the curiosity, that's why we all end up with far more stuff than we could ever use, trade some of it away for more stuff, then sell some or pif it away, and then go out and buy some more.

Back
Top Bottom