Hugo Boss Bottled EDT Vs EDP

FJY

Hi Everyone!

I've always been a huge fan of Hugo Boss Bottled. In fact, I would say that it is one of my personal favourite male fragrances and an EDT that I always find myself coming back to, again and again.

However, recently I found myself on the horns of a dilemna. I needed another bottle of my EDT, so I popped into The Perfume Shop. The nice lady who served me recommended the EDP, which I had never tried before. It cost a little more than the EDT, but I was tempted, so I bought the EDP instead. However, when I tried it for the first time, it wasn't quite how I imagined it would be. The EDP was nice, don't get me wrong, but it smelt noticeably "different" to the EDT, even though it was the same fragrance. The EDP smelt more "flowery" and a bit less "manly" than the EDT. I think I preferred the EDT, and had made up my mind to stick with that. However, most of the people that I asked said that they preferred the smell of the EDP, even though it wasn't the one that I would choose, and even though my opinions of it were the polar opposite.

So..here's my dilemna...which one would YOU choose? Would you go with your personal preference (the EDT), or the other one (the EDP), which you don't prefer, but others do? When you choose and wear EDTs and aftershave, how influenced are you by other peoples' opinions, or do you prefer to trust your own nose? I would like to hear your thoughts on this. EDT (your choice), or EDP( more popular)? Which one would YOU go for?

Thank you for your time

Regards,

FJY

Personally I’m not a fan of Hugo boss lineup (the one I liked the most was their ‘the night’), so can’t really advise on that front

But one thing worth mentioning - is that rarely edt vs edp vs parfum of the same fragrance, will smell the same. On most basic level they have to adjust ratios of ingredients in them to make them last different amount of times, and to be fresher (usually in case of edt) or deeper (usually parfum concentrations)

Overall with fragrances, I tend to try them first (spray on arm in shop, then walk around and see how it changes). I’ll try recommendations by other people but won’t buy a bottle straight away, until I know that I like it - so I’d say for majority I trust my nose, since at the end of the day it is me wearing the fragrance and people around can be deemed as collateral damage (if they don’t like it) hah

Tricky one. Do you wear it for you or for what others think of you? Not a value judgement, a neutral question to decide what is important. Your answer to that question decides which you buy.

It's not an easy question. You want to smell nice to others. It's you wearing it. How do you like the smell? Does wearing it make you feel good? Obviously our brains switch off to the scent as "not a threat" very quickly, certainly before others cannot smell it on you anymore, so you could argue that how others perceive it is more important than your fleeting awareness of the scent. Or you could decide that for you, the value lies in that short period where you can smell great and enjoy the scent yourself directly. There's no right or wrong answer.

My worry is usually "Am I reapplying too soon? Cos I can't smell it anymore and when I go out people will wonder where the tart's boudoir is." Rather than err on the side of caution, I probably slap on a bit more!

Back
Top Bottom