HSOTD (head shave of the day) w/c Mon 02/01/2012

what is your festive persona

• Santa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Humbug!

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Morning folks.
I used to be a regular head shaver, taming my unruly cranial stubble on a weekly basis with a cartridge and canned stuff.
Since I embarked upon this glorious voyage of DE-scovery I have refrained from trying to shave my head with a DE, or indeed any form of razor.
Last night, not without trepidation, I decided I would give the napper a once over with a DE.

Prep: a hot bath, with a wet flannel on my napper.
EJ de89 barley with a 7 o'clock yellow blade. Vulfix 404 lathering up some Kappus cream in a bowl.
Two passes left some troublesome patches of stubble which I couldn't quite shift (ok, I admit my head is shaped like a childs attempt at making a moon from playdo) so I resorted to finishing off with a cartridge:mad:
I was too scared to try splashing on aftershave:icon_razz: so I used some Bulldog balm instead

result: not bad. I suspect I will repeat the process from time to time, but I'm
generally quite happy keeping the mane under control with hair trimmers.

Full marks for giving the DE a go.

I've been shaving my head for over 20 years - long before it was acceptable / trendy and have used every single type of razor and foam (gel, soap, cream, oil) available ... yep, even straights and a fresh out of the packet Feather Professional in an Artist Club.

I just find the hair (and skin) on the head to be completely different to the face so can happily bung some blue chemical-laden gunk on and swipe it all off with a multi-bladed cartridge razor in under 90 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom