How to palm lather MWF soap

It seems to me that MWF is the 'Feather of soaps'. Both seem to have this mystique about them of this challenging product that only suits certain people - not for the faint-hearted! Perhaps it is a typical phenomenon that every hobby has something like this. Maybe there is a certain fishing rod or golf club that comes under this category? It all seems a bit strange when there are so many other great soaps out there. I can honestly say that I'm not interested in trying MWF. It just sounds too much like hard work!! :roll:

You're probably right PigCat, it's clearly a product that just works for some people and not others. I'm very fortunate to have the right kind of water which works with everything, probably.

Arrowhead said:
All this mystifies and saddens me, it really does. I had a shaky start with Wool Fat, because I tried to bowl lather it, but after someone (Manimal I think) put me straight on that, it's been very easy indeed. It really must be a case of the soap being dependent on the water with so many experienced people experiencing problems.

Leaving that aside, because there's not much to be done about it, the relevant factors seem to be 1) a stiffish brush, preferably badger; 2) don't be mean when loading the brush; 3) face lather, and 4) use it regularly.

I concur, living in a hard water area I just can't wave the brush over the puck and expect decent lather. Make sure the soap is soft and hydrated by regular use, over load the brush and face lather. If it's cracked and chapped after months without use don't expect it to lather easily.

Back
Top Bottom