How much lather?

Ok quick question for all you cream latherers! How much lather would you expect to get from a small blob of cream. I have so far used Ingram, Palmolive, TOBS Almond, BS Maca Root and a couple of E Jagger samples with varying success. I lather in a cereal size bowl and am wondering how much lather you should get when throroughly mixed?

It depends on :

1. Size of your blob :twisted:
2. Type of brush
3. Type of cream
4. Water hardness

Using an almond sized blob of 3Ts cream and a decent badger brush gives me more than enough for three passes and touchups :shock:

also depends on how long you keep swirling. IMO, a lather can be over-whipped, leaving too much air in it, which results in less slickness and protection from the blade. No use in producing a mountain o' lather, stop swirling when you have enough for all your passes.

when i started out with creams i found the recommended almond sized blob was never enough :roll:

certain brushes hog the lather as well

practice and experience, but be a bit more generous with your cream when starting

I generally make do with a chick pea-size blob of cream. This gives me enough lather within the brush to do 3 passes, and enough additional lather in the bowl to do one or two touchups. Most of the lather-making takes place within the brush; while the lather in the bowl can be airy if you're careless, the lather in the brush is only airy if you use too much water.

Depends how big your face is.

It's easier to 'fix' a lather that has too much cream in it than not enough, so overdoing it isn't the end of the world, you can simply add more water.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom