How much has yours Grown?

Iv been 3 years mate.
Don’t get me wrong iv wet shaved all my life & over the last 20 years used decent enough products
i.e L’occitane, Molton Brown and a few others that escaped me.
However i only had one brush a supermarket Wilkinson sword & i only ever used one soap until it was done.
3 years later the obsession hasn’t wavered and i genuinely thought i was slowing down except for the 4 brushes i recently bought.
I don’t have any interest in New Razors that come out although obviously iv got a few & there’s only now a few vintage i’m after but not in any rush as i want the whole set in pristine condition.
If i don’t get what i’m after i’m not worried it dosent bother me but i will continue to buy soaps, aftershaves & balms.
Geo F Trumpers is my next port of call unless someone brings out soothat takes my eye
I've used some truly awful stuff for shaving, most notably a bar of simple soap and a cut down blue 2 disposable (so it would fit in my webbing pouches), shaving out of a mess tin that I had just cooked porridge in, then asking my mate if I'd missed anything for a mirror.
I started to move towards better shaving after I read about brushes helping about 25 years ago, so Wilkinson sword soap and brush, usually with a squirt of gel - the WS brush is incidentally quite good for rifle cleaning!
Came up a notch after I'd been working in Italy and picked up Proraso soap, cream and brush, then last year changed completely. I've not been happier with shaving, as my whole time in the Army, it was just a daily chore and I used to look forward to the weekend when I didn't shave. Now, it's the other way around, I don't really want to miss a day!
Like you, I'm far more interested in the vintage stuff, although I do keep hankerin' after a Rex Ambassador for some reason. Thankfully I have only bought one dud vintage Tech, but the head ended up going to my brother with a cheap handle attached that I got for free with some blades off eBay. I think I do need to slow down a bit and just buy decent stuff, or wait for the right blue, or red tip. That said, I'm off to Italy for work next month, so now that I'm more 'enlightened', will be keeping my peepers out for some shaving gear when we're out and about in between work shifts

Sounds Class mate
As long as your enjoying that’s the main thing.
On a personal note i prefer the Red Tip over the blue But the 1958 Gillette TV Special is my ultimate favourite at the moment.
Enjoy what ever you choose

Razors = 45 Last count
Brushes = 50 ish
Soaps = 90 plus at last count
I don't understand why you should be embarrassed, I'm sure you enjoyed those purchases and the learning curve along the way.

IMO, shaving is a pretty good hobby. A few razors, soaps or brushes, creams aren't too expensive in the grand scheme of things unless you go for the ultra high end items, it's a hobby where there are a number of low cost items that are enjoyable to use.

My interest in shaving has largely gone (I think I last shaved my face in February!), as has my interest in my other hobby, guitars. Nonetheless in the last few months I've spent more on a few items of maintenance (cases, etc) than I had done in the 6 years of wet shaving!

I don't understand why you should be embarrassed, I'm sure you enjoyed those purchases and the learning curve along the way.

IMO, shaving is a pretty good hobby. A few razors, soaps or brushes, creams aren't too expensive in the grand scheme of things unless you go for the ultra high end items, it's a hobby where there are a number of low cost items that are enjoyable to use.

My interest in shaving has largely gone (I think I last shaved my face in February!), as has my interest in my other hobby, guitars. Nonetheless in the last few months I've spent more on a few items of maintenance (cases, etc) than I had done in the 6 years of wet shaving!
Yes very true mate
Never a truer word spoken & actually i like nothing more than chilling out happy a shave & speaking to myself like i should be locked up lol.
It’s genuinely relax & a stress free time which my head actually needs.
the hardest part is decided what to use sometimes.
I’ll plod away hopefully not adding to much as i go

Yes very true mate
Never a truer word spoken & actually i like nothing more than chilling out happy a shave & speaking to myself like i should be locked up lol.
It’s genuinely relax & a stress free time which my head actually needs.
the hardest part is decided what to use sometimes.
I’ll plod away hopefully not adding to much as i go

If in doubt, use a Tech, a Gillette blade, a boar brush, a shaving stick, and and old school splash, like Old Spice, Gillette Cool Wave etc.

The job's a good one!

If in doubt, use a Tech, a Gillette blade, a boar brush, a shaving stick, and and old school splash, like Old Spice, Gillette Cool Wave etc.

The job's a good one!
I have all of the above lol
However i found this last week .
£5 Old New Stock
Absolutely pristine the box has no sign of wear although i’m not wearing the box lol
A great little find i thinkC9AAE096-72A5-4942-BF6E-1E76070B5895.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom