How much do you like swedes?

This much?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GILLETTE-PLATINUM-BLADES-x-50-/130404387390?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item1e5cb50a3e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GILLETTE-PLATINUM ... 1e5cb50a3e</a><!-- m -->

£59 for 50 :?

Oh hang on............ there's free postage

I never did but I reckon some people change their cartridges every few days. By my reckoning this would actually still work out cheaper than using expensive cartridges. But not much!

They were good, but not £1+ a blade good.

Silver Blues were the very best Gillette blade ever made followed by (purple) Nacet blade.

I would probably have sold my first-born for some of those at the right price.

Silver Blues not to be mixed up with Bleue Extras or worse Super Silver. I find Bleue extras quite mild but not as sharp as some.

andyjreid said:
This much?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GILLETTE-PLATINUM-BLADES-x-50-/130404387390?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item1e5cb50a3e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GILLETTE-PLATINUM ... 1e5cb50a3e</a><!-- m -->

£59 for 50 :?

Oh hang on............ there's free postage

What the hell is all that about :eek: :shock: :evil: :twisted:

that is p**s taking, nice to make a little bit on top as they are hard to find now, but come on !!!!!

andyjreid said:
Silver Blues not to be mixed up with Bleue Extras or worse Super Silver. I find Bleue extras quite mild but not as sharp as some.

One of the things that has slowly turned me away from DEs is the fact that all the good blades have gone. Those Silver Blues would last me 3 weeks!!! Then I went to Nacets which were nearly as good, then Swedes, then UK Wilkinsons, all gone . . . and now?

Iridiums? Equal to my third choice blade?

Personna?

7 O'Clocks?

All of these will very likely dry up in the next year or two.

Feathers?

These will probably run for a good while yet given the effort Feather.jp are putting into DE razors but they certainly aren't as good as they're made out to be.

joe mcclaine said:
andyjreid said:

One of the things that has slowly turned me away from DEs is the fact that all the good baldes have gone. Those Silver Blues would last me 3 weeks!!! Then I went to Nacets which were nearly as good, then Swedes, then UK Wilkinsons, all gone . . . and now?

Iridiums? Equal to my third choice blade?

Personna?

7 O'Clocks?

All of these will very likely dry up in the next year or two.

Feathers?

These will probably run for a good while yet given the effort Feather.jp are putting into DE razors but they certainly aren't as good as they're made out to be.

Aye well if the American Razor Co go under like the rumours suggest, we will loose all personna blades.

Can't fault the fella to be honest. These will sell due to the hype and he certainly knows that people relate to the 'swede' thing.

Probably bought them a year ago for pennies and is p*ss*ng his sides now.

Those blades will sell. Thanks to Internet forums and their ability to induce a mob-mentality over a product.

Yeah the last in the country ;) ...bar the couple of thousand held by the guys here. I am down to my last few boxes now :eek: , I use them and also they are good trade fodder. The are a great blade but not that great that I passed the opportunity to swap some for a new cake of Penhaligons old formula (Tallow first) soap, I use that far more often than I do the Swedes.

This is why I buy so much NOS when I see it going cheap or get wind of a discontinuation, there will always be someone looking for it in a year or two. This kind of stuff can really help when trading or trying to coax out something equally rare and had to get from someone who has one.

Audiolab said:
Yeah the last in the country ;) ...bar the couple of thousand held by the guys here. I am down to my last few boxes now :eek: , I use them and also they are good trade fodder. The are a great blade but not that great that I passed the opportunity to swap some for a new cake of Penhaligons old formula (Tallow first) soap, I use that far more often than I do the Swedes.

This is why I buy so much NOS when I see it going cheap or get wind of a discontinuation, there will always be someone looking for it in a year or two. This kind of stuff can really help when trading or trying to coax out something equally rare and had to get from someone who has one.

i have about 800, if anyone has a nice "Shulton" old spice bottle, i can raid the stock :D

Back
Top Bottom