How It's Made : Merkur Vision

that was really interesting, thanks sb. i was surprised by the plastic parts & ordinary springs, are these things service-able if they wear out?

have you been brave enough to take a vintage tto to pieces to service it, was wondering if they are built similarly to these modern merkurs?

singerman said:
that was really interesting, thanks sb. i was surprised by the plastic parts & ordinary springs, are these things service-able if they wear out?

have you been brave enough to take a vintage tto to pieces to service it, was wondering if they are built similarly to these modern merkurs?

Looking at that video, it seems mechanics are very similar to vintage fatboys/slims, very interesting ;)
I've taken a few vintages to pieces for either servicing them, or to use as spare parts.
The hard part is not taking them apart, it's putting them back together again ;)

And as a side note, even slims and fatboys have plastic parts and springs like the Vision, so I wouldn't worry about wear on those.

Max

FrenchBlade said:
singerman said:

Looking at that video, it seems mechanics are very similar to vintage fatboys/slims, very interesting ;)
I've taken a few vintages to pieces for either servicing them, or to use as spare parts.
The hard part is not taking them apart, it's putting them back together again ;)

And as a side note, even slims and fatboys have plastic parts and springs like the Vision, so I wouldn't worry about wear on those.

Max
thank you max, just goes to prove those mechanics from gillette vintages set the standard for modern razors :) rick.

Back
Top Bottom