House of Fraser

Every Saturday (or Sunday), Mrs M drags me down town and we invariably go into the House of Fraser shop. While selling lots of cosmetics and grooming products, there are no shaving products in store or online, so this was my email to them this morning:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Every time i walk into my local store (Telford), i am struck by a gap in your product lines. I am talking about traditional mens shaving / grooming products in store (and on line). Suppliers I am referring to would include: safety razors by: Merkur, Muhle, Edwin Jagger. Shaving brushes by: Vulfix, Kent, Semogue and New Forest. Shaving soaps & creams by: Geo F Trumpers, Truefitt & Hill, Taylors of Old Bond Street, Castle Forbes, Coates, Proraso & Cyril R Salter. These companies also produce lines of complimentary pre & post shave products. Traditional shaving is a not a 'niche', it is becoming more and more popular amongst men, fed up with the poor quality, highly disposable products generally offered. Every day men are accompanying their partners into your stores and you are missing an opportunity to supply them with high quality products at a reasonable price level, whether they initially purchase for themselves or are 'presented' for birthdays, Father's day & Christmas.

Should you require any further information, do not hesitate to contact.

Yours Faithfully

m m

I will keep you informed of any response :?

Fight the good fight, last time I looked in HoF they did have some shaving stuff but it was well hidden in the women's section.

My local House of Fraser had the L'Occitane range including the Cade soap and a few Floris creams, but that's about it.
I've never bought anything in there because there are better places in Bath, Hungerford and Cirencester, all near to me.

Nice letter. Be interesting to see what response you get.

House of Fraizer is the one place in Wolverhampton i always hope to find something high end shaving wise, as the store (Formally beatties) was about as high end as you get.
But nope, all you get is blank looks before they look around for security.

Proinsias said:
There's T&H creams and soaps in the Glasgow store.

I think they are selling off the last of their stock, same as how they used to stock Floris then it just dissapered. Only 2 months ago they had T&H on their website but it is no longer there.

They also stock molton brown products.

Not shaving related but some of their MB's body soaps (the karite (shea butter) and peppercorn, in particular) have good reviews. at around 15 quid for a brick sized one, they better be!

Back
Top Bottom