Honeybee Spa 'Issey Miyake'

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Hardware: Rooney Super, bowl.

Packaged in a cellophane wrapper with a simple white sticker on top displaying the scent.Nothing fancy looking here but I don't want to pay for expensive packaging anyway.
Initially I put the cake into a bowl and chased it around with my Rooney brush.Trying to load it was a pain as the cake was loose.
Eventually I felt I had enough soap on the brush to start building a lather but after removing the cake I found I hadn't.I picked the cake up and used it as you would a stick.The lather appeared easily now.I found the cushioning and slickness of the soap to be very good,I had no problems with the razor skipping or tugging and no irritation.The scent is quite strong,fresh, citrus,nicer when lathered than on the cake.Similar to the aftershave funnily enough.I didn't find it affected my proraso A/S afterwards.To be honest I would normally use my Issey Miyake EDT if I was shaving with this.
I think Audio mentioned melting the soap into a cup and I would agree this would make it easier to get it to lather,I may try and make a shavestick out of it if I can find a suitable container.
Overall a very good soap worth trying out if you get the chance.

I definately had a lather issue chasing it around the cup. Having a layer of water on top of the soap for a few mins before shaving also really helps, I usually use the shaving brush to drop water into the cup just when I am putting it into soak, tip it out before lathering and the brush loading process takes only a few swirls.

Good review boab, the shave stick is an excellent idea. I noticed Sue sells the soaps as sticks now so it is a sound idea, I never thought of just rubbing the bar over my face but it now seems obvious.

Honeybee soap is very well lathered and my favorite shave soap. i tried lemon and devil blood (i dont know exact name) both of them very quality. Specially thanks to Tony From UK to sent me these soaps for gift so i found chance to have them.
very good scent and well lathered=comfortable Shave
Regards.

I got mine from someone on here.There is an ebay page for it if I remember.

i also got the 3 cake sample pack through ebay, Old Spice, Issey Miyake & Green Irish Tweed.

the Issey is for my mates 18th birthday pack
the OS is for me and the GIT is, well it's the 3rd one :lol:

performance wise i've only tried the OS so far (had a HBS in the past from Antdad but can't remember the flavour :? ) and it works very well and is on a par with MB's.

to my nose it doesn't smell like that good a representation of Issey, might be me though.
same with the OS but it is nice.

Neo

get in touch on PM and I will send you a sample of the Issey to try.

Back
Top Bottom