Home Made Preshave

I've started making my own cream (does pre & post). I use E45 unscented moisturizing cream (very well regarded, checkout the reviews on Amazon, and cheap at £4 in B&M for 500g). I use the pre-mixed essential oil on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aromathe...var=641432408642&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649.

Some of the scents are amazing, Crisp & Clear, Cozy Campfire & Walk in The Woods are the ones I've tried thus far, however there are loads to choose from.

I'm finding my home-made effort performs just as well as the £7 for 50g cream that I used previously, so I estimate I'll save a fair bit.

Anyone ever tried to make there own ?
im just waiting on sandalwood essential oil coming through the post and I'll have a batch ready.
if it works the way I think it will work then I very much doubt I'll buy a preshave again
Sandalwood EO with a base oil of your choice, I like Jojoba and you have an oil that is not too slick and sinks in onto the skin ,you only need a small amount.
Job done. :)
3-5% dilution no more than that.

Paul

Last edited:
Sandalwood EO with a base oil of your choice, I like Jojoba and you have an oil that is not too slick and sinks in onto the skin ,you only need a small amount.
Job done. :)
3-5% dilution no more than that.

Paul
Yeah iv used Jojoba & caster oil with some sandlewood & tee tree.
On heinsite the t tree i overpowering the sandlewood in terms of scent however both of them are their & doing a job,
i doubt i’ll put tea tree in my next batch

Yeah iv used Jojoba & caster oil with some sandlewood & tee tree.
On heinsite the t tree i overpowering the sandlewood in terms of scent however both of them are their & doing a job,
i doubt i’ll put tea tree in my next batch
Yes tea tree is quite powerful stuff do maybe best to one sandlewood and one teatree perhaps?!!!
Good to see people making their own product's and sticking it to the big companies!

Paul.

Amount of essential oil
65 years +​
50 g​
10 drops​
12 - 65​
50 g​
20 drops​
4 - 12​
50 g​
10 drops​
1 - 4​
50 g​
4 drops​
under 1​
50 g​
2 drop​
Pregnant​
50 g​
4 drop​
Ok. Why does the amount of essential oil change with age?

So I've never used preshave oils and use oils for my beard so was wondering if there's any oils I could use for a DIY preshave oil? Thought could use something i might already have laying around the house

Back
Top Bottom