Historical Patent - Retractable blade in a shavette

No idea if this is of any interest to anyone... Amazing where a simple google search can end up taking you!

Basically details a patent from the 1980's where a somewhat complicated lever arrangement is deployed to expose or retract a disposable blade from a "shavette". The page I've linked has a further link to a pdf where you can see the design drawings.

Mike

Interesting but I think that is obsolete due to the fact that barbers have to change blades for each customer.
And I don't think the take up of home users would support making it. As it was about the 80s multi blade carts became the norm.

Cue PAA to release such a razor ... patent watchers ;)

When I started shaving circa mid-1980s, Wilkinson Sword had a "Retractor" (okay, it was a disposable/cartridge) and a very psychotic advert to match! The retraction was very useful for clearing a clogged stubble, which continues to be the bane of disposable/cartridge users who shave off more than a couple of days. The mechanism really does still have a place.

N
Cue PAA to release such a razor ... patent watchers ;)

When I started shaving circa mid-1980s, Wilkinson Sword had a "Retractor" (okay, it was a disposable/cartridge) and a very psychotic advert to match! The retraction was very useful for clearing a clogged stubble, which continues to be the bane of disposable/cartridge users who shave off more than a couple of days. The mechanism really does still have a place.

Now there's an advert most definitely of its time o_O

Back
Top Bottom