High Mountain Badger

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Lads Just bought myself this brush last night.
iv been looking for a decent black & white brush and this tool my eye.
i could have got it in the Fanchurian V11 but i’ll probably end up with a Chisel & Hound and his come with this knot as standard.
Any you lads have experience with the
High Mountain ?
Would be good to hear your thoughts good or bad Thanks.
E66BCDBD-1578-43F3-BE85-3CF34AF1758C.pngAE5DC0F6-E097-43B9-8FA7-7E5A71B557A1.png

What do you want to know? This is a typical description: the hair from the badgers found in the high mountains of China. High Mountain White badger hair is characterized by long white tips and a thick middle band. This hair offers the ultimate shaving experience with excellent water retention and extremely soft milky tips.
I used this hair for some of my New Forest brushes. Plisson use it and charge a lot more than I did. If you like a soft silver tip you should enjoy it. The backbone will depend on the loft.

What do you want to know? This is a typical description: the hair from the badgers found in the high mountains of China. High Mountain White badger hair is characterized by long white tips and a thick middle band. This hair offers the ultimate shaving experience with excellent water retention and extremely soft milky tips.
I used this hair for some of my New Forest brushes. Plisson use it and charge a lot more than I did. If you like a soft silver tip you should enjoy it. The backbone will depend on the loft.
Brilliant thanks for your reply
seems like it should be a decent knot.
i would have been happier if it was t from china then again i’m using Badger so no point in being ethical now

I never did quite buy the line that it comes from badgers high in the mountains. I always thought this definition seemed more plausible:

I never did quite buy the line that it comes from badgers high in the mountains. I always thought this definition seemed more plausible:

Seems more plausible

A chinchilla's fur is considered the softest in the world: 30 times softer than human hair! This medium-sized rodent also evolved its fluffy fur to live in a harsh climate, this time the cold heights of the Andean mountains of western Chile.

So is it not possible that badgers in the high cold mountains of China will have exceptionally soft hair?

On those grounds, boar brush have a lot less choice, it's largely bleached or unbleached!

I'm not sure that the spiffo description actually gainsays the geographical location of said badger. It says that the hairs come from neck and muzzle and are therefore softer and deemed the best. It doesn't actually state that this is why they're called High Mountain, or that any muzzle hair from any badger could be called High Mountain. I'll be happy believing the hair on Mike's new brush came from the muzzle of a badger who lived as far up the mountain as it could, hoping to escape the Chinese badger catchers, but ultimately failed in that endeavour and is now forever remembered for his lovely soft fur. Which may indeed be related to it being adapted to life in a cold climate.

If you guys want to trust an itinerant Chinese peasant eeking out a living in the drop edge of yonder then have at it. I don't as the country is rife with fraudulent commerce.

Arrived Today Lads & Looks the business in my eyes.
i can’t believe how soft the knot is
it’s basically no breaking in required
even although i know it will need done.
Now all washed, satanised & ready for a dip
6B7BB679-BDD6-44CE-9216-676D5288E6CE.jpeg6FDA5511-0E38-4A49-A5EF-E572EE8EC3E1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom