Hi Fellow Shavers

ekeko

Chocoholic
Supporter
As I’ve just joined the forum thought I would introduce myself. I’ve recently become very interested in the history and the evolution of shaving equipment, particularly razors and blades. Whilst I’ve shaved for many years, until now I thought it was a chore, something to do before heading off for a days work. The idea of growing a beard never really attracted me. I hesitate to think how much I’ve spent on razors and particularly razorblades over the many decades shaving on a daily basis!

Now, however, I’ve started a modest collection of vintage and near modern razors. Mostly picked up on Internet auction sites but one or two also from antique shops. I’ve also taken to cleaning and renovating razors that required it and I’m trying to use most of my razors with only a few minor nicks and grazes so far. The great thing is that the cost of acquiring these fascinating items can be relatively inexpensive. So, what used to be an everyday chore has now become an enjoyable every day event that also allows me to indulge in a low cost hobby. Happy days!

Hi there @ekeko
And
welcome dracula GIF

It sounds like you will fit right in here.
T

And a big welcome from here.

I wish my wife would just accept it as a low cost hobby. I have tried to convince her, but it just falls on deaf ears. ;)

Have some Japanese ladies as a gift from me

It’s how you use the words “relatively low cost”, I just add “compared to collecting classic cars or priceless works of art”.
The girls certainly livened up Beachy Head in the video!
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Pics to follow soon.

It’s how I explain my growing collection to my wife, but she just smiles and then orders herself another pair of shoes. I have managed to acquire vintage Valet, Wilkinson Sword, Ever Ready, GEM, Kampfe Star, Gillette, Rotbart, Rolls.
I am still working on honing the hollow ground blades for Wilkinson, Kampfe and Rolls but haven’t attempted to use these yet.
I have used the others as far as possible but struggle with Feather blades in the Valet. GEM in Valet is pretty good though.
My primary interest at the moment is to get comfortable using my razors without losing too much blood. I just love collecting these amazing pieces of vintage engineering.
pics will follow in the fotos section.

Back
Top Bottom