Hi and seeking help

Hi, I've just joined because I'm looking for advice.

For years I've used King of Shaves Azor 4. Prior to that I'd suffered razor burn / shaving rashes when wet shaving. So the flexible head design worked well for me. No burn, and seldom any cuts even when tackling awkward areas under the nose. I just use a few drops of shave oil (now just 99p stuff from Wilko) and it's all marvellous. Great for travelling light too, with just their lightweight plastic handle and a 20ml bottle of shave oil, as I like to travel hand luggage only.

Obviously their Azor system is now discontinued, and my big stock of blades is now running out. :-(

So has anyone any suggestions of brands or products to look at as the most similar replacement option please?

welcome . i have no clue what an azor 4 razor is , i would suggest that you find a locally available replacement, use that for one pass with the grain ,with the lightest of touch you can manage. then touch up/ finish of with your diminishing stock of azor,s.. you will be building technique with the replacement & still getting a socially acceptable shave ,there is no excalibur of razors or holy grail of soap,s. some will work better for yourself than other,s .. the only constant is your technique & that takes time to build , but then you can shave with any razor, soap, blade, goo, brush,or whatever you please, good luck & remember it,s a journey ,not self torture

Welcome to TSR. I have no idea what an Azur 4 razor is, but if you're looking for a cartridge razor that's light, very cheap and gives a pretty good shave then the Gillette Guard is well worth a try. It's made for the Indian market and not available from retail outlets in the UK, but there are numerous sellers on online sites.

Have you tried Ebay

I think the cartridge in the azur was held in by to post ever side so that the cartridge flexed in the middle i t looked like plastic tuning (black and white razor)

Have you tried Ebay

Yes. No luck, from what I can gather Azor was discontinued about 4 or 5 years ago so my last bulk purchase of blades would have been about the last.

I think the cartridge in the azur was held in by to post ever side so that the cartridge flexed in the middle i t looked like plastic tuning (black and white razor)

Yep the head articulated on some sort of rubber/latex and worked very well for giving a close shave without harm - you could be as heavy handed as you liked.

Whilst not a replacement, why not put your name down for the newbie box, where you can try different razors, blades, soaps, and post shave items for the cost of postage (around £6) to the next person when you're finished.

Welcome.

Like yourself I have had years of using other shaving systems but have made the change to Double Edge shaving.

It is easy to go crazy and spend a great deal of money very quickly, if you shop at Wilko then you may prefer to hold back until you know just what you want.

I would suggest that you spend £5 on the Wilkinson DE shaver, this has a 5 pack of Wilkinson blades. Also buy a Palmolive shave stick, which Wilko sell for 75p and a shaving brush, I think they sell them for about £3.

You are now set up for a good shave. The razor and blade are a safe start, they give a mild shave and there may come a time when you want a razor that works a bit harder for you, perhaps not.

Dont forget the moisturiser, it doesnt need to be expensive, you can buy a 500ml tub for £1 and it works.

This is a budget start, this world is a rabbit hole and you could find yourself really getting into the world of shaving properly and beautifully.