So I bought the following:

MÜHLE Rytmo Steamed Ash Safety Razor R220 SR
MÜHLE Rytmo Steamed Ash Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Geo F Trumper Rose Shaving Soap in Wooden Bowl
Personna Super Stainless Razor Blades
An alum block

Price: £88.85

Ah well

So you've peered into the rabbit hole and thought it was safe eh!

Last edited:
I think if I actually wanted to save money I could have bought a perfectly good synthetic brush, bog standard soap without a bowl, and used an old dish from around the house as a bowl. It probably would have saved me about £40.

Yep I started with EJ98,Wilkinson brush, Palmolive stick. Lasted 2 or 3 years then stumbled on this site.
8 razors, 1 straight, strops, paddles and more soaps, creams and blades than I can possibly use in 2 lifetimes later.
Haven't spent anything in ages though. And yes I would do it again

I was doing quite well till I seen a Woosty in my price range along with another (un named )straight, both cleaned up well but were a bugger to hone, all nice n shave ready now tho, I intended to shave with em tonight but by the time I had finished honing I just wanted a cop of tea!, shave will take place tomorrow PM

Well eventually got round to it and was very happy with the woosty, nice smooth shave with no complaints. TBH so far the only problems I get are when I slide on my prep, it cannot be coincidence, so imo prep is ( as you all know ) a big part of achieving a good shave, find your prep preferences and stick to em.

Welcome. They are a very helpful group on here