Henson Ti22 available again

Wonder whether that somehow collects fees from this side, even if it does that seems expensive.

It's the very odd conversion of $249.99 USD to £260.32 that auto converted for me in the shop.app.
Screenshot_20230820_204759_Samsung Internet.jpg

The total should be about £269 even with the shipping added on.

Surely an error!

Heads up, I just noticed that Henson are selling their Titanium version razors again (mild, medium and aggressive).

I was really looking forward to this but...when placing the order...$249.99 suddenly morphed into £334.81 (£75 for shipping!).

Reluctantly I think I'll give this one a miss and stick with my AL13. :(
Assuming it’s a glitch on their website, as I’ve ordered from them before and the postage was reasonable. Definitely wasn’t in the £75 range! Do let us know how you get on though, as some places do charge daft amounts of postage these days, places that didn’t used to,

I just sent Henson an email on the subject.
I just received this response:

"...We understand the shipping is a bit high, do note that your shipping cost is also inclusive of your country's duties and is not solely the shipping cost. We charge a true cost only and do not make money as a brand off of shipping...".

No comment on the exchange rate anomaly so I asked them to check again.

I just received this response:

"...We understand the shipping is a bit high, do note that your shipping cost is also inclusive of your country's duties and is not solely the shipping cost. We charge a true cost only and do not make money as a brand off of shipping...".

No comment on the exchange rate anomaly so I asked them to check again.
Looking at the order a bit more closely, this time on my phone, it seems that the shipping costs are $11 (fairly reasonable) and that duties, taxes and fees cost $82.00. No fault of Henson but can't be that good for UK sales...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230821-200539.jpg
    Screenshot_20230821-200539.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 5
Aye, I looked into it after I saw the self same thing last night. I've found this website to be fairly accurate when I've been stung:

Screenshot_20230821_205652_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you then add on the handling fee that we usually get stung for with most couriers it would be pretty close.

It's the product conversion from USD to GBP that seems completely wrong.

Good outcome, minor hassle but fingers crossed it's worth it for you if you decide to take the plunge.

Edit: and if you do I'd be interested to hear if it does actually cover the fees on this side of the pond.

Henson emailed again. Got to give it to the company, they are good on customer interaction. All seems to be working now (screenshot attached)View attachment 110456.

Unfortunately I've kind of gone off the boil but deep joy to any of you who go ahead.
I’ve always found Henson decent to deal with. Those additional taxes, duties and fees though are horrific. Not their fault of course, but would definitely put me off buying, even at the lower level after the adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom