Help with my stiffy.

I currently have a stiffy - by this I mean a 1963 (I4) slim adjustable Gillette which has a stiff adjustment mechanism. I have cleaned and soaked it in a vinegar solution to help remove gunk and limescale as well as using a bathroom cleaner.

I am now assuming that a little lubrication would help loosen things up a tad. I see that most people suggest mineral oil for this but I can't source any locally. I did notice that 3-in-1 oil states that it "contains mineral oil". Would this be suitable?

Any help gratefully received.

Keith

KRF1963 said:
I currently have a stiffy - by this I mean a 1963 (I4) slim adjustable Gillette which has a stiff adjustment mechanism. I have cleaned and soaked it in a vinegar solution to help remove gunk and limescale as well as using a bathroom cleaner.

I am now assuming that a little lubrication would help loosen things up a tad. I see that most people suggest mineral oil for this but I can't source any locally. I did notice that 3-in-1 oil states that it "contains mineral oil". Would this be suitable?

Any help gratefully received.

Keith

Obvious question, sorry,

Are you making sure you loosen the blade holder / TTO before adjusting?

joe mcclaine said:
Obvious question, sorry,

Are you making sure you loosen the blade holder / TTO before adjusting?

Yes I am , but it is OK to ask the obvious question as they are not always obvious to all!

Back
Top Bottom