Help me with my next brush

I am looking for a new brush, i facelather only so the brush needs to have lots of backbone. The knot should not be bigger than 22-23mm and the loft max 48mm
The brush needs to be VERY dense.

Price, not over £50 but since i live in Sweden i need to order from UK or USA.

I need all the help i can get!
I have been looking at Simpsons Colonel x2l, what do you guys have to say about that brush?
How is New Forest brushes? Are they dense with lots of backbone?

+1 on the Simpsons Colonel, a great all round brush and has a dense knot, possibly more suited to hard soaps ? It can be had from the Shave lounge, formerly Nkdman, at a good price and Anthony has a discount code for TSR members, which will help !

There will be a boar, mixed and badger. It's a limited edition for a Portuguese forum. I'm waiting on the boar currently but there are a few reviews/threads on B&B and the shave den regarding performance.

Barbear Classico

I have a NF2213 and I'm quite impressed with it.

http://newforestbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/new-forest-finest-silvertip-2213.html

It's less than your £50 target and I suspect that's even including delivery to you.

Unfortunetly the 50mm loft is to high for my taste. My favorite brush today is Semogue 620, wonderful little brush!

What about a custom brush?

Gecko made me an excellent face lathering brush that was under your budget.

Walnut handle to my spec, Simpson Chubby 2 dimensions, with a 26mm x 48mm TGN Finest 2-Band knot again my spec.

Gravy said:
What about a custom brush?

Gecko made me an excellent face lathering brush that was under your budget.

Walnut handle to my spec, Simpson Chubby 2 dimensions, with a 26mm x 48mm TGN Finest 2-Band knot again my spec.

This can be something, is Gecko a member here?

Yes, Gecko is Alex's username on TSR.

The Gecko Stumpy (Pre Bloom)

With my other brushes

I haven't used any of my other brushes since it arrived a month or two ago, they are all great for face lathering though.

Have a look at Gifts & Care - VIE-LONG 12320 BOAR BRISTLE & HORSE SHAVING BRUSH. The loft's a tad higher than you're looking for (by 2mm) and it's a boar / horse mix but it's tuppence ha'penny and has plenty of scrit and backbone. I have 1 and can vouch for its density - great for face lathering.

Wow that was a real beauty!

Lb1 said:
Check out the Seville row brush in the BST at the minute. Seems to match what you want.

I have seen it and i am thinking about sending him a PM.

Why is there so many brushes to choose from!?