HELP ;loose handle on aristocrat 16

anybody no how to fix a loose handle on a aristocrat 16
when i try to open the silo doors the whole door assembly comes of the handle
when i turn to close the doors the handle just turns unless i hold the head still
hope this makes sense
any suggestions or advice would be gratefully received

bigduncan said:
when i turn to close the doors the handle just turns unless i hold the head still
hope this makes sense

If no-one knows mate, I recommend sending dave@restoredrazors.com a question. He's a top bloke who might be able to do it.

bigduncan said:
hope this makes sense

Hi Duncan, this is a common problem on the Aristos and is an easy fix. Above the TTO knob is an indented ring this holds a collet inside which over time wears and allows the whole thing to fall out. If you can live with it then it will not effect the razors shave. But if you want it fixed you can do it with a modified adjustable pipe cutter (you either flat the cutting edge or replace it with washers) if you don't you will cut off the end of the razor !!
So as I am guessing you only will want to do the one and the cost of the cutter os about £10.00 I suggest you send it to Dave at Restored Razors as he has the tool to do it with. I did my #15 using this method and it is like it left the factory after this is done.
Steve

thanks everybody for the fixes ,managed to get it about 90% right
the doors do'nt fall of now
had a great shave with it today
once again cheers for the advice

Back
Top Bottom