Help identifying grade of brush

Hello to all,

I have one of these:

shavingbrush-large-470x355.jpg

Any one have an idea which grade it is?

As I am thinking about getting another and was thinking of taking the next step up in terms of quality.

Many thanks!

Hairgrade is not everything that makes a brush. The best quality hair does not make a brush the best brush.
It all depends on what you use your brush for.(face lather, bowl lather).
I mostly face lather soaps so in genral silvertips are not the best for me as long lofts. there is of course densly stuffed silvertips with short lofts that suit this purpose.
So if you are looking for a upgrade it may not be the just be the case that you all ready have the best quality hair so you can not get a better brush.(to suit you not saying anything wrong with your brush). A diffrent density and loft can make a big diffrence.

That lot hardly made sense to me but its late hope you get the idea

Holmes81 said:
Hello to all,

I have one of these:

shavingbrush-large-470x355.jpg

Any one have an idea which grade it is?

As I am thinking about getting another and was thinking of taking the next step up in terms of quality.

Many thanks!

You have a Floris Best Badger Shaving Brush. I was in the shop in Jermyn Street last weekend and collected a catalogue.
Steve.

Pedro is spot on. Silvertip is top of the range in terms of price usually - that's what I meant. The softness is very luxurious, but for working up a lather from hard soap like Wool Fat a best badger may well serve better. Fido's New Forest silvertip is a superb all rounder because it has a decent amount of backbone, whereas something like the Kent BK4 is quite a floppy little number, better for creams and soft soaps.

Ok,

Well I was getting on ok with the brush. the only prob is that if I find the handle a little long!

I was looking at the new forest 2211 and also the 404 from Nannys soap.

The only issue I have found was that with the floris, is that a couple of time when topping up on the face or pure face lather it seems to prickle my delicate face .

Hence the 2211 or 404 (plus I just wanted to see if there is a difference. This is the only brush I have ever owned)

Back
Top Bottom