Hello From The Capital!

Hello all.

My father use to and my brother DE shaves They try and convince me but I haven't made the cross-over to DE/straights as I'm happy with my Sensor Excel. Puts on flame-proof jacket. lol.

From time-to-time I have tried my brothers various creams and a few soaps.

I had been given what seem to be some very nice shaving gear for my birthday back in August, but I haven't touched it yet!

Look forward to seeing you in the forums. Take care

Jet

Hi Jet, welcome to TSR! I think many here would agree that the most important part of a decent shave is the preparation and use of a decent brush and soap/cream. Lots of people do fine with a cartridge. I found that switching to a DE stopped in-grown hairs and was just more enjoyable. Stick around and you may be pursuaded! :D

Greetings, great to see another Dubliner.

Oh wait, you meant the other capital :lol:

I still use a Sensor several times a week when I need to shave my head in a rush,
much better than the M3 or Fusion I find. Get that unused birthday gift of yours
out for a spin, you will not look back!

Thank you guys. Yes, sorry I meant London (for my sins).

I (my brothers) have Taylors Sensitive Cream - black pot. IS this the most incredible smell ever? Tub of this in one hand and Monica Belucci in the other... aaah.

We also have trumpers almond and a 20 year old tube of palmolive !

Good lathering! Now get a proper blade to your face and make the most of those creams.

'Tis true, though: better brush and soap/cream with a cartridge razor than gel/foam with a DE; I was ill over the Summer and kept with the DE but went to canned goo. Big mistake. Great to be brushing up again . . .

Hello Jet, and welcome.

I often wander off to the 'dark side' of either a Mach3 or a Sensor myself, but always with a brush, and soap/cream.

Ian

Hello, fella. And welcome.

I'm a newcomer to DE. But I'll tell you what, it ain't half fun when you get into it. And frustrating. And addictive. Very addictive. Brushes, razors, blades, creams, soaps, balms, splashes: a piece of plastic and a can of gunk suddenly lose their appeal. That said, I've still held on to my Mach 3 - to be honest, my shaves with it were never that terrible. But nor were they something I looked forward to every day.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom