Hello from Norway

Greetings from Norway!

Recently discovered this forum while doing a search on Google. I've been shaving with a DE for the last 5 year, and started shaving with a straight razor on Wednesday this week. :shave First shave was a bit shaky, but things have improved rapidly.

I currently have an old razor that's been sharpened by an enthusiast in the states. I'm also waiting for an order from Straight Razor Designs, containing a strop, Lynn's DVD and a Dovo Tortoise. I'll be using the vintage razor in the start, in case I ding it on the sink or strop it the wrong way. :lol:

When it comes to DE's, I have a Merkur Progress and a vintage Gillette Fatboy. I prefer the Progress, because I like the weight and it just feels smoother.

- Sigurd.

Hi there and welcome. There are a number of straight razor enthusiasts on this site (I'm trying to be one of them), so plenty of expertise to help you on your way.

Arrowhead said:
A warm welcome to you Sigurd. Are you enjoying the straight razor yet, or is it still a bit worrying :?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm getting better day by day, and the razor is getting less intimidating. I find that parts of my face, like the upper lip and sideburns, are easier to shave smoothly. The neck, however, is a PIA. I imagine it will take a long time before I get a good shave there, and I'm too stubborn to clean up with the DE afterwards. I've made a full switch to the SR, so I'll just have to look awful until I get the technique down. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom