Hello from Northamptonshire

I've been delving into DE shaving after years of cartridge razor use. Really got into it over the last year and enjoying the whole process from proper soaps, using a brush the first time was a real awakening and loving the DE shaves.Really felt I missed out on a good thing the last 20 odd years!
My Grandfather used a straight razor and being keen to try, I decided to have a go. Just to recce the process, I 've been using a Parker SRX shavette with astra blades for about 6 months. Had a couple of tiny nicks in the early attempts but gained a bit more technique and now thoroughly enjoy using it.
Still use the DE razors too when time is an issue. Decided now I'm gonna have to have a go with a straight razor now and thought the forum would be a good place to hang out to enjoy a new found enthusiasm for a shave & learn from others experiences in the process. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to TSR!

Thanks for the friendly welcome.
Sadly I did not ever get my hands on my grandfathers razor, wish now I had but I was living overseas when he passed and my grandmother has since told me all that stuff went to charity shops in New Zealand where they retired.