Hello from beautiful Perthshire

Hello from a Berkshire man living in beautiful (if a little nippy) Perthshire.

I've been a wet shaver for more than 40 years so you can tell that I am by no means your youngest recruit. I have used brush and blade for all of that time with the exception of a short spell during the '70s when I bought myself a trendy Remington. That brief romance came to a painful conclusion when I removed a small but perfect circle from the tip of my tongue (don't ask!). This healed and I returned to sanity.

I suppose wet shaving became a hobby around about 2002 when I started casting about for items of interest to make the daily shave more enjoyable. Unhappily for my bank balance I succeeded and to date I have acquired about 30 razors including:-

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth in chrome
Gillette Aristocrat (English made, rhodium plated)
Ever Ready 1912 and Gem G-bar (single edge)
Gillette Fatboy and Slim Adjustable
Gillette Berkshire set (gold plated, from the 1930s)
Gillette Single Ring (from 1906)

My brush collection is less extensive although I do have a New Forest 2213 Chunky which is a truly fine brush for the money. Other brushes are in my sights even at this very moment and I feel an imminent purchase coming on.

Associated sundries include the usual Trumper, Coates (current) and L'Occitane goodies plus a few EDTs all of which I like to rotate until I get giddy.

So, as you can see, I am as much of a lost soul as the rest of you. I don't think joining this forum will help me to get better so the downward spiral will continue - Thank Goodness!!!

Hi & very welcome to TSR. Hairy tongue syndrome eh ? I beleive a few of our members have hairy palm syndrome at full moon, however tongue shavers remain a cherished minority amongst us.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Hi and welcome to TSR Philip!

JohnnyO: I think you're thinking of PCs hairy palms, but those has nothing to do with the full moon.

Mikael said:
Hi and welcome to TSR Philip!

JohnnyO: I think you're thinking of PCs hairy palms, but those has nothing to do with the full moon.

It's a medical condition. They've been like that since puberty. :blush:

Welcome Philip!

That's a great introduction!

Welcome to TSR.

You have reminded me of a memorable journey from the New Forest one summer day which enabled me to sit down to lunch in Perth at 1pm. Didn't break the speed limit once. Honest.

Truly a kindred spirit, enjoy the forum.

Hello and welcome, I see you're already hooked and there's no hope for you. Another one of our Scotland based gang, there are loads of you! Must be that lovely tap water you have. Enjoy!

Thank you all for such a warm and witty welcome. I've noticed from browsing a few older posts that the collecting bug runs wide and deep, so I thought I should come clean.

I'm also a collector of books (my wife is always threatening to hire a skip), and fountain pens. The latter accounts for my user name which came to me in a dream when registering for the fountain pen network - a first rate forum for lovers of pen and ink. Antiques are another interest and I like to buy the odd affordable bargain. Oh, and did I mention that I have a bit of a thing for old tweed jackets? Very handy around these parts I can assure you although a wardrobe with Narnia pretensions would be useful.

Thanks again!