Hello everybody! :)

Well I've been lurking around this forum for a while, picking up hints and tips, and enjoying some good reads. After a particularly lush shave this evening, I thought it was about time to say hello!

So my name is Adam, and I'm a shavaholic!

I switched from Crap3's about a year ago to a DE, and within a month bought my first straight. I now have a couple of DEs, a chunky 34c which was my first, and an open comb merkur which I can't remember the name of, but more aggressive open tooth, gets a fair bit of use. I also have a Dovo Astrale straight, and my pride and joy, a Theirs Issard sheep and wolf 7/8 barbers notch straight with olive wood scales. Various other usual odds and sods. More creams, soaps, lotions and potions than I know what to do with, and waiting for a very nice Dalvey brush to arrive. Few strops. My favourite is a magic mike 3" leather and canvas, but I have a softer one that gets more use for now. Oh, I also bought a shavette recently. The Dovo with the black holder and olive wood scales. More out of curiosity really. Used it once so far. It's not bad. Doesn't replace a proper straight, and if I'm not using a straight I'd probably go for a nice DE, so it probably won't get loads of use, but nice to have. Product collection wise, I also have a longish goatee (I know, cheating!) so I don't get away with shaving OR beard care stuff. Have to have both! Could be worse.

So tonight I tried a new cream. I have been working my way through a tub of TOBS Sandlewood for a while, and have really been enjoying a jar of Arran aromatics "driftwood" which is lovely, but today I got some GFT violet. Very nice lather I must say. Probably the best. Ordered the limes one already and the limes skin food. I have been more into the Sandlewood, and traditional woody / classic manly type fragrances, but I must say, I quite like the change to fruity ones from time to time. I'm undecided on the GFT skin food. Use the Sandlewood a lot, but I tend to need a more intensive moisturiser. It does the trick after a gentle DE shave, but I find myself topping it up a bit or using a moisturiser like the utterly superb Executive Shaving intensive as well usually.

Not had too many mishaps so far. Worst cut was the first time I used the Theirs Issard Barbers notch, which is essentially a square point. I'd been used to my round point Dovo, and wasn't careful enough of the point. Had a nice line under my ear for a few days. Nothing stitch worthy though. Didn't make that mistake twice!

Anyway, enough of a ramble from me. Hope to get chatting to you guys soon, and learning plenty about the wonderful world of wet shaving. Still get a bit bumpy from time to time on my neck area. Hoping for some pearls of wisdom to sort that out!

If you got this far, thanks for reading!

Adam.

Welcome aboard & enjoy

Never heard of a magic mike strop(film about a stripper - I did a search for it because ive never heard of one)Didn't you mean Mountain mike? Lmfao haha.Nice to meet you pal

Last edited: