Heads up for those near Huntingdon

Alright chaps, I'm new to this forum after having been a member in a US based forum that I am sure you all know for a number of years.

Something happened today which prompted me to join a Uk based forum to share a good experience.

I live in Cambridgeshire and normally get my hair cut at a Barbers in Cambridge. Generally got good haircuts and always friendly with a good atmosphere. However, it is the gf's birthday on friday and I have loads to do between now and then and so didn't really have time to get to Cambridge, park the motor and get my haircut. So... after recently having walked past a new Barbers shop in Huntingdon and having peered through the window I thought I would give it a whirl.

I don't remember what it is called but it is a new Turkish barber that has opened right on the main high street. The guy that runs is is Turkish and is obviously keen.

Anyway, he's got himself a nice little setup there. Nice leather sofas to sit in while waiting, free coffee and plenty of mags to read. I had a fantastic haircut by a girl there (I normally hate having my haircut by women - not trying to be provocative here, just think that men cut hair better) and she explained that her boss (who was cutting some other chap's hair liked things doing properly. After cutting the hair the shavette comes out and trims up the back of the neck and round the edges etc. trimmed my eyebrows and even the odd hair sprouting from the old breathing holes. Now that is attention to detail. Then to top it all off did the whole cotton wool on fire job on the fine hairs on the ears.

I'd not had the turkish flame thrower on the ears before but it was great and has left my ears smooth and sharp looking :cool:

I'm not associated to this barbers at all (in fact I can't even remember it's name), but I will be back. It is great to see someone working hard to provide a level of service that is not currently on offer and I wish the guy all the best!

They do shaves there as well so next month when I get my hair cut I think I will treat myself (hardly a treat - I think a shave is £12-13!) :shave

So anyone near Huntingdon I would recommend it!

Back
Top Bottom