HD 500 rocket

Hi lads, how much are these worth. how far do you go before its an arse slap.
I fancy getting my first vintage, something like my dad and granddad would have used, just to see the difference.

OMG, whats happening to me. Its been less than a week and only 3 DE shaves and i am already looking at making my next purchase.

Send a PM to Erwin on here. Not sure of his username mertwe or somesuch.

He has an endless supply.

£30 should see you right.

hunnymonster said:
Agree with both the above.

Obviously if you're born lucky like Sunburyboy, you'll be hit on the head with one as you walk up the street and offered the razor for free and compensation for the inconvenience, but we're not all that lucky...

:lol: :lol:

working all this weekend, so no Hunting around my normal haunts, :( :(

nevermind, always next week

sunburyboy93 said:
hunnymonster said:
Agree with both the above.

Obviously if you're born lucky like Sunburyboy, you'll be hit on the head with one as you walk up the street and offered the razor for free and compensation for the inconvenience, but we're not all that lucky...

:lol: :lol:

working all this weekend, so no Hunting around my normal haunts, :( :(

nevermind, always next week

Scotlands biggest car boot sale was on last week near to me and I missed it, in aid of Help for Heroes (One close to my heart I may add)

Bound to have been something worth a punt.

Was wondering if the razors would be sold under Grooming / health or Weapons? Well, it is Glesga!

If you don't have any luck with Erwin give me a shout, I might be in the mood to sell my HD.

heroblob said:
I fancy getting my first vintage, something like my dad and granddad would have used, just to see the difference.

OMG, whats happening to me. Its been less than a week and only 3 DE shaves and i am already looking at making my next purchase.

For me, the HD500 is one of the best razors ever made. It's got a satisfying heft - it's a similar weight to the high-end, more decorative Aristocrats. It's got the twist-to-open doors at the business end, a nice knurled handle that'll never slip. In decent condition it will also be nice and shiny. In short it's a lovely and timeless piece of industrial design.
As a shaver, it's smoother and milder than, say, the Muhle R89. For me, it's compact size makes it easier to manoeuvre than the longer-handled designs.
The most amazing thing about it is the lack of irritation. Paired with a nice, sharp blade such as the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, you can do three-pass shaves day after day without wearing your face out. It's a great daily shave.

Old Nick said:
For me, the HD500 is one of the best razors ever made. It's got a satisfying heft - it's a similar weight to the high-end, more decorative Aristocrats. It's got the twist-to-open doors at the business end, a nice knurled handle that'll never slip. In decent condition it will also be nice and shiny. In short it's a lovely and timeless piece of industrial design.
As a shaver, it's smoother and milder than, say, the Muhle R89. For me, it's compact size makes it easier to manoeuvre than the longer-handled designs.
The most amazing thing about it is the lack of irritation. Paired with a nice, sharp blade such as the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, you can do three-pass shaves day after day without wearing your face out. It's a great daily shave.

Fozz i think you should buy one ;) ;) , i know where there is an excellent condition one going spare !!! ;) ;)

heroblob said:

This is what happens when I talk about shaving on an archery forum. RAD comes naturally to members of the archery fraternity especially recurve archers.

As for what has been said already talk to Erwin about obtaining a rocket I have delt with him before he's a straight up Guy based in the Netherlands.
Have fun now :shave :shave

Big.Dave said:
heroblob said:

This is what happens when I talk about shaving on an archery forum. RAD comes naturally to members of the archery fraternity especially recurve archers.

As for what has been said already talk to Erwin about obtaining a rocket I have delt with him before he's a straight up Guy based in the Netherlands.
Have fun now :shave :shave

Hi Dave, i was wondering if you where about on these pages. Your right about being a recurve archer and buying/collecting nice new things. I think it has something to do with always trying to improve by buying something. Come to think of it i know a few compound archers that are very similar. Anyway nice to see you an here. I have to admit in the last couple of weeks i have spent most of my time here and not with the AI bunch. Must be new toy syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom