Have you seen this advert?

How many of you guys have seen this advert?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-gnrMZTsPs[/youtube]

This is the american version but the British one is exactly the same but with British voices.

When I first saw this I sort of snorted and shook my head but are people actually pulled in by this crap? "When the strip turns white it's time to change your blade!" Yes so that Gillette can rake in another £1.50 per blade. I'm not affected (in a positive way or the way they are hoping) by this advert.

Look at it another way though, if this had been for a womans product would the advert be deemed sexist by insinuating that the woman in question was too stupid to realise when something needed changing?

When I used my M3 (or any other disposable/cartridge for that matter) I always knew when to change it. Take the first stroke, if it doesn't feel right then time for a change.

What a world we live in.

P.S. The official Gillette channel on youtube has a video on "How to shave your groin"

I don't recall seeing an advert on TV for at least 15 years - not because I don't watch TV, but because I effectively switch off when the ad break starts (or go off and do something else) and switch back on when it stops... and that's on the very very occasional times I watch advert-bearing channels (programme content driven) - don't get many ads on BBC4 :D

Back
Top Bottom