Has Valobra shaving soap permanently gone no longer in production?

Just reviving this post now. I finally managed to hear back from them. here's what they wrote to me

"innanzitutto la ringraziamo per averci scritto e per gli apprezzamenti mostrati nei confronti di Valobra.
Il brand che, come noto, è stato recentemente acquisito da Ludovico Martelli S.p.A, verrà riposizionato sul mercato italiano ed internazionale entro la fine del 2021, pertanto, al momento non possiamo svelarle i dettagli della strategia commerciale e del piano di rilancio.
Ciò che possiamo anticiparle, però, è che tutti i nostri più affezionati consumatori che, come lei, attendono impazientemente di ritrovarci, non resteranno delusi.

Cordiali Saluti

Ufficio Marketing Valobra"

Translation:

first of all, thank you for having reached us and for appreciating Valobra. The brand, recently bought by Ludovico Martelli S.p.A. (i.e. Proraso) will be back on the Italian and international market by the end of 2021. Therefore, at the moment, we cannot give further details about our commercial strategy. However, we can anticipate that all our loyal customers that, like you, are impatiently waiting for Valobra to come back, won't be deluded. Kind Regards, Valobra Marketing Office.

Only if it has not been reformulated. Takeovers normally have a cost saving angle to them. But who knows.

I can't imagine the owners/Proraso would reformulate Valobra for the worse, as when they did their own shaving soaps/creams into Super Formula they did a superb job.

I imagine there will be a huge amount of anticipation for the return of Valobra though, they are an iconic brand for sure.

A necro bump.

"Ludovico Martelli relaunches Valobra. Ludovico Martelli has announced the relaunch of Valobra, the historic Italian brand - acquired by Ludovico Martelli in 2018 - which for over 100 years has represented an authentic art of excellence and quality in the production of very fine soaps. In the years following the acquisition, the Genoa soap factory was completely renovated and projected into the contemporary world, respecting the prestige and historicity of the original site. The redesign of the factory includes a museum gallery dedicated to the brand's heritage and an experiential area where you can discover the uniqueness of the Valobra collections . Ludovico Martelli's missionis to preserve and bring back to life a rare tradition in the production of soap, carrying the mastery of the brand into the present through creations of singular beauty, for an audience that is increasingly attentive to the history and intrinsic value of the product. The new course of the brand begins with the re-edition of the Le Classiche collection, made up of the timeless icons that have always distinguished the promise of absolute quality of every Valobra soap.
Primula, Lettuce, Pratolina, Reseda and Assoluta are the first soaps reissued for the modern consumer, kept in precious customized packaging, today as yesterday, with artistic illustrations from the early 1900s. Even the new ergonomic shape of the soaps is wisely modeled, with an oval that adheres perfectly to the hand in a prolonged movement that releases the dense foam evenly on both hands, caressing the skin and leaving it soft and fragrant thanks to the creams and sophisticated fragrances contained in each formulation."

Here is one of the hard tallow bath soaps for sale.

No indications to whether the shaving soaps will be relaunched, but at least the Valobra brand has not been buried.

A necro bump.

"Ludovico Martelli relaunches Valobra. Ludovico Martelli has announced the relaunch of Valobra, the historic Italian brand - acquired by Ludovico Martelli in 2018 - which for over 100 years has represented an authentic art of excellence and quality in the production of very fine soaps. In the years following the acquisition, the Genoa soap factory was completely renovated and projected into the contemporary world, respecting the prestige and historicity of the original site. The redesign of the factory includes a museum gallery dedicated to the brand's heritage and an experiential area where you can discover the uniqueness of the Valobra collections . Ludovico Martelli's missionis to preserve and bring back to life a rare tradition in the production of soap, carrying the mastery of the brand into the present through creations of singular beauty, for an audience that is increasingly attentive to the history and intrinsic value of the product. The new course of the brand begins with the re-edition of the Le Classiche collection, made up of the timeless icons that have always distinguished the promise of absolute quality of every Valobra soap.
Primula, Lettuce, Pratolina, Reseda and Assoluta are the first soaps reissued for the modern consumer, kept in precious customized packaging, today as yesterday, with artistic illustrations from the early 1900s. Even the new ergonomic shape of the soaps is wisely modeled, with an oval that adheres perfectly to the hand in a prolonged movement that releases the dense foam evenly on both hands, caressing the skin and leaving it soft and fragrant thanks to the creams and sophisticated fragrances contained in each formulation."

Here is one of the hard tallow bath soaps for sale.

No indications to whether the shaving soaps will be relaunched, but at least the Valobra brand has not been buried.
I've got quite a liking for Valobra soap, so when I saw the Valobra hand soap for sale at the shop mentioned above I got quite excited and tried to order three bars only to be told that they could not ship to my UK address!
I was proper annoyed!
I happen to have some of their tallow hand soap and shaving soap locked away in storage so not the end of the world but knowing that it's out there but I can not purchase it is almost too much!!!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom