Has Cella Red tub been reformulated??

G'day TSR and to ALL the Cella Fans.

I'm asking has Cella Red tub been reformulated?? So why am I asking, well I remember using the old tub, I had a very bad allergic reaction from Cella and my face was completely pink-red and puffy. Which took me two weeks to recover from a very bad allergic reaction from the old tub of Cella, so, I took another risk again to try the new tub of Cella and then I was completely gobsmacked with NO! allergic reaction at all from the new tub of Cella.

I thought Cella may have reformulated the old red version, because, some wet shaves who has experienced a very bad allergic reaction from Cella shaving soap.

Old tub below
ceb31604c006405d2bbf0422f8e3d395.jpg

New tub below
untitled_%2846%29.png

I had a look at B&B and came across this

Old Formula
Cocos Nucifera, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Parfum

New
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Adeps Bovis (Tallow), Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water) Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance).

Also, the new block and tub have slightly different ingredient lists as well.

Last edited:
Well that's awesome news if they dropped the Tallow from it and have a new kinder formula.

The red version still has tallow, but the green doesn't.

Have you used the green version? On B&B, it seems to be rated really highly, equal if not better to the red one without the classic Cella scent which some find a little difficult to deal with.

I had a look at B&B and came across this

Old Formula
Cocos Nucifera, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Parfum

New
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Adeps Bovis (Tallow), Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water) Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance).

Also, the new block and tub have slightly different ingredient lists as well.
Thank you @donnie_arko I'm trying to remember why the old formula gave me very bad reaction and the new formula doesn't.

The red version still has tallow, but the green doesn't.

Have you used the green version? On B&B, it seems to be rated really highly, equal if not better to the red one without the classic Cella scent which some find a little difficult to deal with.
Oh Damn , I really like Almond scented soaps but struggle to find a good one at a good price , TFS is good for the money but lacks a bit of cushion for the straight. ABC is lovely but nearly £50 a go.

Oh Damn , I really like Almond scented soaps but struggle to find a good one at a good price , TFS is good for the money but lacks a bit of cushion for the straight. ABC is lovely but nearly £50 a go.

There are quite a few Almond soaps, Vitos Red and Green being the classics they are tallow based though, they are slick and have excellent cushion; Fergybilly uses Vitos Red for his straight shaves.
Vitos Vegetale is supposed to be excellent, vegan base, Scotshave rates it.

There's a DR Harris almond soap as well, no idea how it performs.

Back
Top Bottom