Hard soap or croap recommendations

OK, I have just emptied my pewter shaving pot that is just the right size for a typical puck (around 100g) of hard soap and I'm looking for recommendations...what should I buy to put in it?
What's your favourite hard shaving soap/croap (not cream) of all time that is available as a refill of around that size? I suppose I'm looking for a suggestion that gets multiple +1's on the forum. Of course, soaps I already have won't count...I'm looking for something new!
Any ideas welcomed:)

I'd recommend these 100g beauties here:

Live the dream!

On the grounds that the best soap is always the one you don't have, I'm quite looking forward to Xmas when I'm guaranteed one (or maybe more..) of Muhle Sea Buckthorn, Dr Harris Windsor, or 3P.

I'd recommend these 100g beauties here:

Live the dream!
I would like to point out that in no way do I have a marketing or promotional deal with 'Boycie's Used Soaps Trading Ltd'...or 'BUST' as it is known in the retail and wholesale world:rolleyes:

(Thanks for the suggestion, Chris, but if it's been used only once and you want rid of it...mmm...methinks I'd rather have a new one;))

On the grounds that the best soap is always the one you don't have, I'm quite looking forward to Xmas when I'm guaranteed one (or maybe more..) of Muhle Sea Buckthorn, Dr Harris Windsor, or 3P.
I've got the Muhle Sea Buckthorn and it's always been one of my favourites...you should enjoy Christmas shaving if that's one you get!

OK so that's 2 shouts for the Windsor...what is the scent? Is there something you would compare it with?

It's supposed to be similar to Terre d' Hermes and I can see the similarity. I'm not very good at describing scent profiles but I find it a nice clean, classy scent that is quite versatile in that it could be used for most situations and seasons. Sorry I'm not more helpful but I'm sure someone will come along and give you a better description or it will most likely be found by an internet search.

It's supposed to be similar to Terre d' Hermes and I can see the similarity. I'm not very good at describing scent profiles but I find it a nice clean, classy scent that is quite versatile in that it could be used for most situations and seasons. Sorry I'm not more helpful but I'm sure someone will come along and give you a better description or it will most likely be found by an internet search.
That's good info. I've only had D.R. Harris Arlington before but just the AS, not the shaving soap. I do like the idea of a UK soap though.

Back
Top Bottom