Half Term......CUNNING PLAN..!!!!!

Well it started out okay, half term, kids running riot, and a week off work with no chance of expanding my vastly multiplying shaving consumables that is now causing slight mutterings from the better half. And I was starting to get that, I think I need to try voice in the back of my head.(You know the one) :twisted:

It was Monday morning when it dawned on me, whilst watching the news, ill book us all tickets to the London eye followed by the aquarium. The first stage of my plan in place, just a short wait until Thursday morning.

Thursday and there I was, kids hanging off both arms and legs and the better half weighed down with a day’s outing paraphernalia from both attractions looking over the Thames. Now the more astute amongst you are probably saying to the computer screen, Rich, you’re on the wrong side of the water mate and bloody hurry up and get on with it.

Part two of said cunning plan, shall we cross the Jubilee bridge and have a look at Trafalgar square says I. Whoops of joy from kids anticipating hanging off lions, and chasseing the few remaining pigeons amongst the fountains. And me, with a slightly wider smile getting ever nearer. :hungrig

Trafalgar square, lions have been climbed, pigeons chased, more photos taken, and I just need to get down Pall Mall. Why don’t we go see the soldiers on guard outside St James Palace, Yeehh and off we go, even wider smile and I’m ignoring that look I just got, the one that says you’re up to something, I don’t know what, but I’m watching you. I’m nearly there.

St James Palace, photos taken and I’m staring up St James Street, I can see it, a shop that before my only too recent affliction I would have walked straight past, but know stood there like a light house, not only illuminating the way but also the look on my partners face, yep, no denying this one. :shock:

The kids found it highly amusing, albeit making sure she didn’t see them smiling whilst I was being told in no uncertain terms that she should have known I was up to something and there’s absolutely no chance I’m getting more soap or cream or bottles to fill an already over full bathroom. It was no point arguing, I’ve haven’t won one yet, and as she had reminded me, she also had my wallet. Even the bloody sentry couldnt hide his (yeh you give it to him love smirk).

BUGGER...!!!!

Well i wouldn’t wish the hour that followed on my worst enemy, there i was, dribbling over that blue fronted shop window of T&H with all there wares on show, ohh it didn’t finish there, no, then came D.R.Harris. With the left side shop wall from front to back packed with their entire lather producing, facial soothing, nose smelling goodness. The look on my face brought the young lady out, "can I help you sir", oh if only you knew.

Followed by Taylors, the brown fronted old worldly sign written promise of a shop full of everything I would need, it was getting to much, with lower lip hanging nearly to the floor I tried my hardest to ignore the gold writing on dark blue fronted C&S shop, but alas the shop with the plants hanging slightly over the sign but not fully hiding the number '89' pushed me over the edge, bottom lip quivering, kids giggling, fully grown ex hairy arssed squaddie couldn’t take any more, and neither could my absolute angel of a missus.

I hit Trumpers like man possessed, soaking up the old school good honest helpfulness of the immaculately dressed staff who not only sent me on my way with Rose and Coconut creams, GFT cologne and healthy supply of testers, but whilst I was running around in circles spoke to my better half for the duration of my stay and gave her a much needed coffee and kids some mints.

Well the moral of this rather long story, for those that have got this far with me is this. No matter how much planning or preparation, foresight or shrewdness you put into something, unless your holding your wallet your stuffed.

So thank F**k for the internet, and the likes of Pual at Connaught and Robert at TGS.

And she won’t tell me what her and the young lady in Trumpers where giggling about whilst sipping coffee and watching me.................. something tells me they see it far too often. ;)

:lol: - you need more practice at subterfuge. Buy the occasional thing for the missus, then when she moans about all the parcels, hand the right one over and it's like a free pass to be able to order more stuff.

Also I've found it's easier to keep a minimal stock in the bathroom, I have a 'live' area in my wardrobe and of course stashes 1 to 5 that are currently incognito to the boss's radar.

Another option is to keep every item in your whole enormous shaving stash within eyesight (in the bathroom) of your Mrs.That way, new purchases will just blend into the background of the existing stock. If you have 10 shaving soaps, who will notice nr. 11? More is less, so to speak. :ugeek:

Bridport golf writer and cartoonist George Houghton’s forty books include Golf Addicts on Parade (1959) and Golf and the Stranglehold (1986), which recounts his golfing encounters with such famous people as the future King Edward VIII, President Eisenhower and Marlene Dietrich.

Wonderful post RB, I am going to have to link my blog to it. I have found another George Houghton among shavers.

Golf was expensive for me. I had a deal with my wife. Each time I bought new golf equipment - I gave her the same amount. Never had the slightest opposition to my purchases and it made me think long and hard.

Fido said:
Bridport golf writer and cartoonist George Houghton’s forty books include Golf Addicts on Parade (1959) and Golf and the Stranglehold (1986), which recounts his golfing encounters with such famous people as the future King Edward VIII, President Eisenhower and Marlene Dietrich.

Wonderful post RB, I am going to have to link my blog to it. I have found another George Houghton among shavers.

Golf was expensive for me. I had a deal with my wife. Each time I bought new golf equipment - I gave her the same amount. Never had the slightest opposition to my purchases and it made me think long and hard.

Thank you Fido, , my extremely short venture into golf left me with the feeling that it was a good walk spoilt. I found the anticipation of the nineteenth hole spoilt every hole preceding it.... ;)

Boab said:
RB73 said:
fully grown ex hairy arssed squaddie

Does this mean you are ex hairy arsed or ex army :lol:

I am hoping its the latter.Great post.

Yes ex army for my sins, but for the latter, it’s slowly becoming evident that to increase my weekly rotation I might have to look further south....... :lol:

SirPrize said:
You need to develop your SAS.
Stealth Acquisition Skills.

:lol: A required skill, no doubt. I had to learn the RGMO rather quickly a few year ago. Like HM I had a stash or two or three. When one day while faffin in the shed my then 3 yo daughter walks in holding a furry animal in her hands. "Dad, whats this"? I bent to look and :eek: :shock: a brush from what i thought the safest stash. :lol:

Regroup and move out.

Back
Top Bottom