Hair Loss

Similar to jimmyc I started going thin at a really young age (21, I'm now mid 30's) and it really did a number on my mental health. In my early 20's I really suffered from depression over it and the sense of embarassment. From about my mid 20's I just thought fuck it and started cutting it with clippers, never looked back after doing it.

I tried / looked into pretty much all the non-surgical options and to be honest they're a waste of time and LOTS of money. If you want to keep hair on your head the only two options that seemed to actually work are surgical intervention or a modern adhesive hair system. Some of the "hair systems" look great but are very expensive and require continual return visits.

Although I shave my head, I still have a full growth - I just prefer it gone!
(but I appreciate that some don't have the choice).
Same I've been shaving my head since I was 17 and I do it out of choice and now it's probably my hair aint what it used to be but I'm blessed that it suits me and tbf I've always preferred having short hair

Most hair recovery potions are designed to extract cash from your bank account.
Yea maybe big market for money to be made but that minoxidil is getting rave reviews but it's all about patience as it takes time

Seen loads of YouTubers going to turkey to get a hair transplant, looks painful though

It appears to be working, although it's just downy type hair. I have started the Inkey List caffeine scalp treatment today and have Saw Palmetto supplements in the post.

Stress ... and our usual go-to for coping with stress (booze) has a more negative effect upon our bodies than any amount of products can ever make up for. I really do not mean to be presumptious here, but checking the foundations early is a smarter move than filling in the cracks.
Quite presumptuous.
Genetics are well known to be the big part in hair loss. My dad wasn’t a drinker and nor am I yet we both started losing it around the age of 30. I’ve been clippering it for nearly 25 years

There are many factors for sure. Testosterone levels can make your hair fall out, so maybe hair loss is a good thing? On the other hand my grandfather lost all his due to the stress of being on active service in WWII. My dad has more hair than me (he also has more of most things except soap and razors!)
I've somehow only got little bits of grey appearing round the sideburns after a few relatively stressful years, and the usual thinning on top in my early 50s. Yet I knew a guy back when I was about 20, he had naturally gone bald by the age of 18!! Not sure it was alopecia, I think it was genetic for him but must be rare at that age?

Hair loss is unfortunately a massive phycological issue for many men (and women) no matter what age it occurs; I know of someone in their 90's who still has a comb over and dyes his hair; another friend in his mid 70's is petrified of losing his hair even though this is unlikely now to happen. If one can, I like many others would suggest, the keeping it very short method. Hair transplants never really seem to work (nor obviously look very natural), from my very limited observations and of course one does need quite a lot of cash to go down this route.
Hope you find something that works for you Sabre.

Last edited:
As well as my existing Pumpkin seed oil capsules and Saw Palmetto tablets, I have ordered the following supplements:

Korean Ginseng
Beta-Sitosterol
Green Tea Extract
Pygeum
Magnesium

I will also give Magnesium oil a go...

As well as my existing Pumpkin seed oil capsules and Saw Palmetto tablets, I have ordered the following supplements:

Korean Ginseng
Beta-Sitosterol
Green Tea Extract
Pygeum
Magnesium

Where on God's green Earth are you reading this New Age BS saying that these "voodoo" remedies will grow hair? Consult a professional medical doctor on male pattern baldness. Quit wasting your money on garbage such as this.

Where on God's green Earth are you reading this New Age BS saying that these "voodoo" remedies will grow hair? Consult a professional medical doctor on male pattern baldness. Quit wasting your money on garbage such as this.
They all have medical papers written based on successful clinical trials...

Korean Ginseng
Beta-Sitosterol
Green Tea Extract
Pygeum
Magnesium

I have added Urtica Dioica/Stinging Nettle...

Before the pandemic I used to go to the barbers every 3 weeks for a grade 2 buzz cut on my balding head. During lockdown I started cutting my own hair using clippers, gradually getting shorter to prolong the time for another trim but to be honest it was a hassle cleaning the clippers, floor and myself up afterwards, not to mention squaring my neckline. About a month ago I decided to shave it with my Vector which did a very good job. I have since bought a Leaf which is an amazing head shaver and I shave my head every couple of days. I did feel slightly self conscious at first but it soon wears off. I now love the feeling of splashing on some aftershave and some balm after shaving. I kind of feel scruffy now if I have more than 2 days growth. I know some people are petrified of losing their hair but if it’s going I think embracing is the way to go. It’s always easier to row with the current than against.

Matha Green tea is believed to block dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and hormonal hair loss; it is also very good for health and can reduce stress (if the hype is to be believed).

I drink matcha as it is anti-inflamatory and good for health.

All the best.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom