Hair Cut 100

Well, my home handiwork passed the Mrs test ...

Something or other came up about hairdressers and barbers re-opening and she looked at me saying, "you don't need to go" ... "yours (hair) looks alright". "You haven't noticed, have you?", I said. To which she sort of squinted and said slowly, "you've cut it yourself, haven't you?", jumped up and took the 360 degree tour.

"You done a good job!", she exclaimed.

My work passed.

Well, my home handiwork passed the Mrs test ...

Something or other came up about hairdressers and barbers re-opening and she looked at me saying, "you don't need to go" ... "yours (hair) looks alright". "You haven't noticed, have you?", I said. To which she sort of squinted and said slowly, "you've cut it yourself, haven't you?", jumped up and took the 360 degree tour.

"You done a good job!", she exclaimed.

My work passed.
I wasn't impressed with my two attempts.

I wasn't impressed with my two attempts.

I got lucky. Beginners' charm ...

I get clumpy behind the ears and around the back. I began really just hacking off hair. If it all went horribly wrong, it'd be buying in a set of clippers and going for a short buzz all over. That debate would have been settled at that point.

Having hacked off a fair amount, I found that drawing it up between my fingers as hair dressers do and cutting down the inside of my finger worked well. Difficult looking in a mirror of a mirror because it messes with your eye to hand coordination, so much of it was lined up by eye and then cut by feel. I'd evened up really neatly in a ring around the back, leaving the longer floppy mess on top to just scrape back.

I got lucky.

Trying my luck on a short fade this morning, from just the blade to 25 mm, result was ok but the good thing with a short fade: give it a week or two and I can have another go at trying to reach pro barber quality.

Last edited:
Finally got my first hair cut in six months! What a relief.
Deliberately avoided the opening period. My usual barber shop, price only gone up £1 but I gave a good tip to the lady who looked after me.
At least I don't look like Michael Heseltine now - though I like him, both as a polictician (I'm not a Tory!) and an interesting guy in general.

Okay, it's not about the pop group.
Who got a hair cut today after enduring 100 days or more without a trim. I was surprised there wasn't a queue at my barbers so I took the opportunity to have my hair looking great again.
If I was going for an interview I would have had to cut my hair last weekend. As it is I will cut it next weekend. I am quite surprised how long I can leave a haircut. I assumed it was every 6 weeks, when it's probably 8 and can be left to 10...

I look like I've been living in a bush for a year. Booked in for a trim on 16th though

Looking Good Marlon Wayans GIF by BrownSugarApp

I resisted the urge for quite a long time....

View attachment 67297
My hair was like that a couple of years ago and had been for a few years and one morning I just impulsivity cut it all off and have worn my hair short 1.5mm all over ever since, I find it so much easier now, a trim only takes a few minutes
and I'm done for another week!!!
I wear hats in the winter, lighter hats in the summer so its is just easy to keep my hair short all over all the time!

Good beard by the way, you were rocking that look! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom