Hair Cut 100

Okay, it's not about the pop group.
Who got a hair cut today after enduring 100 days or more without a trim. I was surprised there wasn't a queue at my barbers so I took the opportunity to have my hair looking great again.

Okay, it's not about the pop group.
Who got a hair cut today after enduring 100 days or more without a trim. I was surprised there wasn't a queue at my barbers so I took the opportunity to have my hair looking great again.
When my barber started charging £10.00 for a short back and sides, I bought myself a good set of hair trimmers and have saved £Â£ doing it myself! More to spend on shaving software ect :) P.

I was due for a haircut when the pandemic hit in early march. My hair hasn't been this long since I was 16.
That was 50 years ago. There's a lot of old guys with long flowing grey hair over here. While there are only 2 cases in the region, and none hospitalized, I'm in no hurry to get a haircut. No sense adding risk. Barbershops just opened.

I'll pop up to the village when things have settled down a little ... let the first bump get out of the way.

But yes, I did get a haircut today. I did it myself. It's all a bit grown out, but with the aid of a couple of mirrors I got a huge amount of bulk off the back. Feels miles better! The rest is long and flops back in a huge floppy quiff.

I am going to need help from a professional soon, though ...

Clippers and quick buzz all over was banned by the Mrs.

I use my Wahl trimmer every two weeks, saves me money sure but mainly because it is convenient, though aiming for a nice fade result is sometimes more lika a disconnected undercut.

Last edited:
I can cook. I can open a beer. I can cut my own hair. I can shave.
Restaurants, pubs, hairdressers and barbers are not essential until there is a vaccine.
Totally agree riverrun; cut my own hair on Friday; No 6 all over apart from the very top and a straight No 3 tapered at the ears. Took me around 1½ hours to do it, including cleaning up time. Essence of cutting your own hair is patience and keeping the hair wet during the process. I cannot see any enjoyment going to a restaurant and eating with a mask on, whilst being served by someone in a visor c/w rubber gloves and encouraged to eat your meal as quickly as possible and refraining from using all public transport to and from said restaurant; nor going to the pub; not being able to stand up, nor mingle. Also and all together; just not worth the risk for an older person. Also; don't feel the need to be one of the first people to take a vacation with the current stipulations in place. Now, if I was in my 20's; then probably a different story entirely!
Many of the younger generation seem very less likely to contract the illness in the first instance and are far more likely to fend it off than those of the older set; where one is literally duelling with death, should one come up against it.

I use my Wahl trimmer every two weeks, saves me money sure but mainly because it is convenient, though aiming for a nice fade result is sometimes more lika a disconnected undercut.
Yes, the fade is the tricky thing Nisse; extremely difficult to carry out by oneself. Can be attempted, but extremely difficult to get right especially at the rear of the head; and one really does need to be adept with the scissor work; again a difficult skill to master, especially when cutting to the rear of the head. Unfortunately the more complex styles, really do require professional involvement and who really wants it as things currently stand.

Back
Top Bottom