Guidance Please - Really bad flaky Skin Day after shaving

Hi all,

I have terrible flaky dry skin usually the day after I shave which it I leave for another day is just taking of me like snow.

Skin starts to get a bit tender at this point. I moisture after shaving using aveeno.

I have psoriasis but not on my face, so I don't think it's related

I use the Gillette heated razor, brush and shaving cream which I have used for many months.

Am I doing some wrong or does anyone have any ideas... I appreciate is a bit of a random issue, but hoping someone may have an idea

Thanks in advance

John

Hi all,

I have terrible flaky dry skin usually the day after I shave which it I leave for another day is just taking of me like snow.

Skin starts to get a bit tender at this point. I moisture after shaving using aveeno.

I have psoriasis but not on my face, so I don't think it's related..

I would refer you to a Dr. since you have psoriasis.

I don’t like the idea of that Gillette heated razor. Have you thought of trying a double edge razor like a Muehle, Merkur or Edwin Jagger? Just one blade gliding across your skin instead of multiple. Great razors and one of those may be all you ever need plus the bonus of far cheaper blades.

I’d try and vary the shaving cream because if you are getting dry flaky skin, perhaps there is something in it that disagrees with you? Mitchell’s Wool Fat shaving soap is great for dealing with problem skin and provides wonderful, protective and nourishing lather. Many reputable companies make unfragranced shaving cream and soap for sensitive/problem skin.

You could also consider a different moisturiser or after shave balm as again, it may contain something your skin is rebelling against.

Ultimately, you may want to visit your GP to have your facial skin examined to ensure there is no more serious issue there other than your existing shaving routine.

All the best,
Graeme

That happened to me once getting near the winter months.
only ever happened the once well possibly twice.
i came to the conclusion i was shedding skin like a snake lol :ROFLMAO: Crazy but i genuinely thought that,
couple of days moisturising 3- 4 times per day and it was away,
Basically since that day i moisturise everyday.
Get yourself a balm/moisturiser and hopefully you’ll see a difference

Just out of curiosity are you new to DE Shaving

That happened to me once getting near the winter months.
only ever happened the once well possibly twice.
i came to the conclusion i was shedding skin like a snake lol :ROFLMAO: Crazy but i genuinely thought that,
couple of days moisturising 3- 4 times per day and it was away,
Basically since that day i moisturise everyday.
Get yourself a balm/moisturiser and hopefully you’ll see a difference

Just out of curiosity are you new to DE Shaving
He's using the heated razor....

Back
Top Bottom