Guerlain Vetiver

I have been a big fan of Guerlain Vetiver cologne for a very long time - since about 1975 in fact.

I have discovered that Roger & Gallet Vetiver soap and shower gel compliment the cologne very nicely and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a shaving soap or cream that is similar enough to complete the routine and give me that total Vetiver experience.

jhclare said:
Musgo Real? Think that has Vetiver. Agreed, GV rocks. J

Thanks. I've never tried Musgo, can anyone 2nd it.

I was wondering about Cyril R Salter, but I realise that vetiver fragrances can vary greatly.
As well as the Guerlain, I also use Givenchy Vetiver cologne and it is very different - a much deeper almost woody smell compared to the fresh sharpness of Guerlain.

If you had the money and were feeling flush, this may do the trick for you

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/products/bath-and-body/bowls/original-vetiver-shaving-bowl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/produc ... aving-bowl</a><!-- m -->

I don't know about the soap but the cologne has a very natural, earthy, vetiver scent. Minus the soapyness that I find in the Guerlain Vetiver. However it is a soap......... so I dunno. Just a thought.

P.S. I have never used Creed shaving soaps so cannot comment on the performance, price tag is pretty steep.

I have the Creed Vetiver bowl + soap and like it a lot. Nice scent that gets lighter over time. Unobtrusive and super-slick lather. I agree that for the money you can probably get something like Martin de Candre which will probably last forever (it's almost double the weight of soap than the Creed). Plus there are no refills available.

But the scent is really good, as is the moisturising effect of this soaps (one of the best I've had actually).

My review of it has just been posted to TSR - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8712</a><!-- l -->

After Googling Vetiver shaving soap, I looked at the Creed and frightened myself half to death at the price :lol:

However you do make it sound wonderful, maybe if Santa is feeling generous or I pick up a win on the lottery.

Elman said:
Savon du Midi Vetyver is really nice with a slightly "thicker" more woodsy/smoky scent than Guerlain. I like it! :D
That looks just what I'm after. I've Googled it and I've only found it for sale from German suppliers who want 15 euros for delivery which stumps up the price somewhat.
Can you recommend a supplier?

Go for Tabula Rasa Vetiver!Its scent its really similar Creed Original Vetiver (I have a bottle of it) and its cheaper than the Creed soap.I paid for mine Creed soap 62 bucks and,even when its a good soap,are others much better than it.

I love the L'Occitane Vetyver Edt and for this type of year would love a shaving soap or cream to match it in intensity. Does that soap (described as more ...) get as woodsy/dirty as this outstanding Vetyver. Not tried the Guerlain, but the L'Oc R'ocs :lol: Perfect for winter (which it is here) nice and heavy.

Back
Top Bottom