Guerlain Vetiver anyone?

Hi, i'm thinking of adding this scent to my collection in the future, being a huge fan of L'Occitane in particular Bavx, which I will be replacing when needs be, but what I want to ask from you guys, is I find this very difficult to find even in the City of Cardiff big stores like John Lewis House of frazier just dont have the mens range for me to try, I know it's pretty easy to source online but I would prefer some feedback from users and members who have tried this scent.

Jamie.

They have it in Nottm Lewis' and House of Fraser. It's not bad. Not as good as the on-line hype would have us believe. Not an earthy Vetiver scent as such but a spicy, clovey sort of thing. Certainly unique. Not sure if this helps.

Thanks Vinnie, yes the online hype that's why I need more level headed views from you guys, i'm so taken wiith L'Occitane Bavx i'm finding it very difficult to find other alternative scents at this moment in time, through the years I would jump ship every few months, you name it i've probably used it, from my first grown up EDT Aramis when i was 17 right through the Chanel and Givennchy range, i'm quite taken with one of the newer scents from Paco robannes Million, who knows?

Jamie.

It's a nice one, Jamie; give it a go - but make sure you test in on your skin.

Quite floral to me, although I cannot yet see the spicy part (but I admit I have worn it few times so far).

Northam Saint said:
I had some Bavx EDT and balm for Christmas from SWMBO. Lovely stuff I will be buying that again.

The Paco Robanne million is nice too I am on my second bottle of that.

Once you've tried the Bavx Balm & EDT for me it really is something specail.

Jamie.

Treb said:
How 'bout L'Occitane Vetyver? I've got the shower gel and the EDT. Lovely stuff and especially the EDT is a lot of value for money IMO.

That's something to think about, strangely enough I have the L'Occitane Cedre and Bavx, so i might as well go for the triple.

Jamie.

jonno40 said:
Jo Malone do a nice Vetyver too Jamie, they have a shop in St David's 2

I will pop in next time i'm in Cardiff, but not next weekend, my god Cardiff will be packed to the raffters for the Wales V France game, maybe the week after.

Jamie.

Word of warning, Jo Malone fragrances are notoriously 'fleeting'.

If it's Vetiver you're looking for specifically, see if you can get a sample of Frederic Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire. Les Senteurs might do a couple of ml for £3 or so.

One of only half a dozen fragrances that had me hooked after the first sniff.

Horses for course though, obviously.

joe mcclaine said:
Word of warning, Jo Malone fragrances are notoriously 'fleeting'.

If it's Vetiver you're looking for specifically, see if you can get a sample of Frederic Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire. Les Senteurs might do a couple of ml for £3 or so.

One of only half a dozen fragrances that had me hooked after the first sniff.

Horses for course though, obviously.

I will certainly look into that worth a pop for a few samples.

Jamie.

Back
Top Bottom