Grevinnans Rum Gentlemen's Shaving Soap

Hi,
In the March Acquisitions thread I said I would post a review of this soap on Sunday but decided to have a third shave with it to get a better feel for it.

Kit Used:

For the shave I used my trusty Merkur 34C HD with my favourite blade an Astra Superior Platinum, 3rd use. The brush is the classic Progress Vulfix Grosvenor mixed boar/badger. Post shave Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic followed by Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus Moisturising Lotion.

Soap Ingredients:

Scent: The tin says "Lyxig doft av citrus" - "Luxurious scent of citrus". To me I get a sweet lime scent. Not strong but pleasant.

Lather: After soaking the brush I went to the puck to load up. The soap is similar to Proraso in being soft so easy to load. I then face lathered. Working it well produced a nice looking lather which gave good protection and the slickness was also good. To be honest the lather did dissipate a little toward the end of each pass but it didn't collapse.

Post shave: My skin felt great after I had rinsed with warm then cold water. It was pretty well BBS. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Conclusion: Personally I like this soap and it has earned a place in my rotation. It is really good. If you like a citrus scent this is very nice.

The soap could be got from the website but the exchange rate from Swedish Krona to GBP looks pretty steep at the moment. I found it when looking on Shaving Station and as I love Sweden thought I should try.

I'm wondering if anyone else on the forum has tried this soap and what they thought. It would be great to hear about your experience.

Andy.